Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Marty M.

Vendor
Ebay.?

Baron Kurtz said:
ebay.de might be a good option, too. They suually have a whole pile of frock coats at any one time.

bk
Baron, I've looked or shopped other Ebay's other then the U.S version. Is it just as easy to shop the other Ebays? Will Paypay work the same? And do they ship to other countries? Thanks.
Marty Mathis

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Bagir Suit, Made in Israel

Finally got this back from the tailor. The sleeves were let down and the buttons and button holes adjusted. I also lost the cuffs when the pants were let down. Fits well and is lightweight without sacrificing too much drape. The pants are pleated. The jacket has three interior pockets, outside pocket flaps, and no vents. This is whipcord, I believe?
The hat is an Adam Majestic. Tie is a vintage Signet.

bagir1.jpg
bagir2.jpg

bagir3.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
My hat's tipped to you.

Great outfit Scott. You're admirers will be waiting in droves to see your newest ensemble. And they won't be dissapointed.
Marty Mathis

StanleyVanBuren

Dagwood said:
No hat, picture is a little crooked, but what the heck...we're all friends here, right?]

Fit of the suit looks great. I also like the white collar (though it does look curled under on one side). The tie is great for that shirt and goes well with both the shirt color and the white collar. I also like the knot size and style (and most will probably expect that to come from me at this point).

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Mr. Rover said:
You look great, Scot! How did you have the buttonholes and buttons moved (or was it only on the sleeves)?

Just the sleeves. Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I wish the shoulders were just a bit narrower, and the gorge higher, but the armholes aren't bad.

Another great combo, Dagwood!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
as soon as i saw the measurements of this early 30s suit on ebay i knew it was going to fit like a glove. and it does. couldn't really be better. it has three shoulder pleats which you can just see. it is also heavier and rougher/woolier than it appears. more of an autumn weight. or for cool spring days.

front-1.jpg

rear.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That is a fantastic suit and I love the color of the stripe. The shirt brings out the stripe well. You make that suit look very modern, and I mean that as a complement -I had to think that, around here, that might not sound complimentary. ;)

Fantastic suit and you wear it well. :eusa_clap

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
You make that suit look very modern, and I mean that as a complement.

thanks Hem. i don't mind at all that you say that. i think the fact that i am often a bit unshaven and have no tie (in the pic anyway, i do wear ties) makes me look more modern, as very few men would have been unshaven back then. i also put vintage things together that wouldn't have been worn together, which is a very postmodern thing to do.

benstephens

Practically Family
That looks great, it is modern in a truly retro way, which I know is very hard to do (Not being able to do it myself!). It is great you can way orignal clothing and give it a "trendy" look.

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82