Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Haha I went through the day varying how I buttoned it- a few hours with the top, a few with just the bottom, a few with both. Actually, the lapel rolls all the way down to the bottom button naturally.
Marc, I honestly don't get enough wear out of this suit to justify changing the buttons. Besides, it would take away from the deadstockiness of it. :p
I quite like the boyish aesthetic of it- short jacket, shortish sleeves. Even the shirt I wore today is a 50s arrow shirt with size 14 collar (I wear a 14 3/4-15 nowadays). The bigger buttons just add to that aesthetic. I think I'll wear a newsboy cap with this suit next time.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
cooperative wholesale society sold suits? bespoke suits?

bk

Baron

Yes indeed - and shoes, from their factory at Heckmondwike in Yorkshire. They even made and sold sporting wear. The 'Stanley Matthews' range of football ('soccer') boots sold literally millions when I were a lad. The great man himself wore them playing for Blackpool from 1950, in the famous 1953 FA Cup Final, and until his last game for Stoke City in 1965.

Alan

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
Actually, it really is. (Preteen) boys' suits, small as they were, often had men's suit buttons, which looked large in proportion.

I see...So is there much of a difference between a small men's and a preteen suit?

Another you guys have seen on a mannequin. This one from quite a while ago. Dated 12-3-46 and made for Mr. A. Schlecher, maker unknown.

BrownMultiStripe2.jpg

The suit/shirt/tie combo.

BrownMultiStripe1.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82