Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Jovan

Suspended
I like the flexibility modern three, four, or five pocket setups afford. I don't typically put very heavy things in them. Certainly, I would like a few more pockets if I were getting a vintage reproduction made by a tailor. More so than pocket details, I would just like an antique gold or striped lining for the inside's look. Just my opinion. [huh]

mike

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
Nice suit! I'd say it's British... has all the ear marks of a blue blood! lol

such a nice stripe and color! Such interesting fabric patters you'll never see the likes of in today's fabric!

Congrats! She's a real sharpie!;)

it IS british! And the only reason for the cheapo hangers was because it was direct from the cleaners :)

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Not long 'til Spring.

Saturday night, my wife and I went to the Blue Moon Ball, a mid-winter 'prom' for grownups, northwoods style. Everyone dresses 'over the top' for this affair, so we thought we would dress 'summertime' style, a season we all long for at this time of year. I wore a new (for me) summer suit I had nabbed on OFAS for a song just a month ago. Here I am:

IMG_1154.jpg

I enjoyed (truly) a number of flattering comments and admiring smiles from the young ladies at the ball. But, I was brought back down to earth by a gent who said, "Excuse me, I'll have two buckets of extra-crispy, with mashed potatoes and biscuits."lol

I'm looking forward to wearing this again when summer rolls around, but since it makes such a strong statement, the opportunities may be limited. One has to expect to be noticed. Where/when would you wear this suit, if at all?

Jovan

Suspended
Wolfmanjack said:
I enjoyed (truly) a number of flattering comments and admiring smiles from the young ladies at the ball. But, I was brought back down to earth by a gent who said, "Excuse me, I'll have two buckets of extra-crispy, with mashed potatoes and biscuits."lol
1. What was he wearing? :rolleyes:
2. You should have blown him away by saying, "Thanks, son! That's exactly the look I was going for. Very perceptive of you."

Wolfmanjack said:
I'm looking forward to wearing this again when summer rolls around, but since it makes such a strong statement, the opportunities may be limited. One has to expect to be noticed. Where/when would you wear this suit, if at all?
Everywhere! Just take off the waistcoat if it's a little too hot outside. I wish I could reprint Jack Newcastle's article here named, "How I learned to stop worrying and love the white suit."

Feraud

Bartender
Jovan said:
I wish I could reprint Jack Newcastle's article here named, "How I learned to stop worrying and love the white suit."

That was a fine and prophetic article. After reading his piece I noticed a couple of shops in the city showing off white/light colored suits.

Josephine

One Too Many
Wolfmanjack said:
But, I was brought back down to earth by a gent who said, "Excuse me, I'll have two buckets of extra-crispy, with mashed potatoes and biscuits."lol

Hmph! I think you look like more of an incognito Santa, in the summer months having lost a lot of weight IF you have to look like anything other than your handsome self.

Hmph to him again!

Edward

Bartender
Uploaded190208015.jpg

Plese excuse the unfortunate lighting in this shot.... really should have had those curtains pulled.... This is my latest suit, acquired last month via OFAS for the princely sum of GBP30. Circa 1960 bespoke, with a good high waist and the look of something a little earlier to my eye. Beautiful heavy wool. Whoever it was cut for, it fits me so well they must have been nearly identical to me in size / shape. The hat is my regular Federation in Carbon Grey, with a tight pinch and diamond bash.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lovely Edward. (No, I didn't mean for there to be a comma.) You look exceedingly handsome. But do you normally like your sleeves to be so long?

Jovan

Suspended
It looks like the sleeves are unfinished too, as in no buttonholes put in. I suggest shortening them if you can -- it'd look a little more tidy in my opinion. Shouldn't be too expensive to have it done either. [huh]

Edward said:
Uploaded190208015.jpg

Plese excuse the unfortunate lighting in this shot.... really should have had those curtains pulled.... This is my latest suit, acquired last month via OFAS for the princely sum of GBP30. Circa 1960 bespoke, with a good high waist and the look of something a little earlier to my eye. Beautiful heavy wool. Whoever it was cut for, it fits me so well they must have been nearly identical to me in size / shape. The hat is my regular Federation in Carbon Grey, with a tight pinch and diamond bash.

I like the look of it. However, I would look at the sleeves, but that can be a personal preference. (For instance, I like my sleeves a little short, especially on shirts [huh] )

Maybe a pic of the jacket, buttoned, from the front or the back -- I should like the see the fit.

But you have a look that reminds me of "The Shadow"!

CharlesB

Suspended
Doran said:
Your head is huge. Almost bigger than your chest. In that photo, I mean.
I was leaning forward to grab my pint. The gf was walking over to the table whipped out her camera while standing up n was like Hey go your picture before I could even sit up right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe