Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Baron Kurtz said:
Marc, what's the date on your one?

Do you have a fabric close(r)-up pic?

No date on it, alas. Here are some closeups. Note that the jacket has two breast pockets:

MPCmenswear013_edited-1.jpg

MPCmenswear015.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
scotrace said:
Great pattern, looks like a perfect fit, and you look as at home with that elegant and beautiful woman as it is possible to be, Marc.

The great eye opener of Apparel Arts (& Esquire) is the color combinations shown there. It wasn't all chalk stripes and white shirts. There were beautiful variations and often illustrations are very clear about "with this color suit, wear this color shirt, this type of tie, these socks..."

That suit would lose 80% of its charm paired with a plain old white shirt!

Thanks! :) I completely agree with you about the white shirt.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Note that the jacket has two breast pockets...

there are a couple of 2 breast-pocketed jackets in the sports coat thread too ! i hadn't seen this before on vintage.
i have a modern 30s inspired jacket that has 2 breast pockets and i thought it was just trying to be clever.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Feraud said:
That is a sharp looking suit you are wearing Marc. You are a shining example of style and grace.

Guys like you are an inspiration. I'm always learning new things and finding more 'stylistic touches' that I like. You and other Loungers, with your fine lids and threads, give me ideas to run with. Thank you for the kind compliments, and thank you for teaching me! :eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:
Guys like you are an inspiration. I'm always learning new things and finding more 'stylistic touches' that I like. You and other Loungers, with your fine lids and threads, give me ideas to run with. Thank you for the kind compliments, and thank you for teaching me! :eusa_clap

I think it is all the other way but thank you kindly. :)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Thanks!

At the Cicada Club, some guy I didn't recognize asked me if it was a Thom Browne suit. :eek: :eusa_doh:

I really wanted to say to him, "Notice the jacket's decent length. Notice the high waist on the trousers. Notice the slight break at the trouser cuffs. Don't even think of mentioning it and that organ grinder monkey tailor, Thom Browne. in the same breath." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Marc Chevalier said:
Thanks!

At the Cicada Club, some guy I didn't recognize asked me if it was a Thom Browne suit. :eek: :eusa_doh:

I really wanted to say to him, "Notice the jacket's decent length. Notice the high waist on the trousers. Notice the slight break at the trouser cuffs. Don't even think of mentioning it and that organ grinder monkey tailor, Thom Browne. in the same breath." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thom Browne!? You didn't say they were smoking dope at that club. :eusa_doh: ;) :p
Did he have a seeing eye dog and a cane? :rolleyes:

benstephens

Practically Family
That suit looks good on you Marc. It is one of the most interesting colour combinations I have seen, and you have certainly emphasised that with the shirt.

Kindest Regards

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe