Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found just the things I was looking for

lol Yes, live and let live I say. I admit, I am nosy. I don't shop Ebay yet, but I went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store after work on Saturday and am now taking with me to Las Vegas on Thursday 2 beautiful silk dresses from the 5th Avenue Lord & Taylor, $4.00 each. My size, and from the early Sixties. :D (I can't show them, as I don't have a camera.)

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
ooooo nice. I have finds like that. I live in an area were people just dump thier designer goods at the Salvation Army after one season, so I have found some VERY high end pieces for very little money. The last one I found was a carmel colored Michael Kors ( He's my favorite designer) Leather jacket for $6.00.

I also have found an edwardian velvet blouse, a black velvet flapper dress, a a black velvet bolero jacket from the 1930's and a peach and lace bed jacket from the 1920's.

Amelie

A-List Customer
awwww you are so lucky! the only things I can find here to that price are skirts from the 40s and 50s, or remakes of them from the 70s. I have few of them and they all cost me betwen 1.25$ and 5$ (canadian)

the dress I posted higher cost me 40$, which is still reasonable

Amelie

A-List Customer
yeah I've been lucky, but the prices of what I was watching this were quite low... I don't know if it's just me, but it looks like people are doing just the same as in the store in that period of the year: they stop buy things after being ruined by christmas... and I like that :D

Kim_B

Practically Family
Out of all the things I've purchased on eBay or in the stores, nothing was over $40, and it's unlikely that I would ever spend more than that on any clothing item. Books, on the other hand...

And yes, I'm a bit frugal.

Grace

Vendor
Love the jacket-nice score!
I'd say it's very early 50s, mebbe 50-53 ish.

My fantastic lime dress arrived yesterday-it's even better in person!!! AFter a few small alterations, it'll be ready to go. Now if it ever warms up here, I might be able to wear it! (currently 4 degrees....)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I have to agree that this jacket is indeed a big steal....

Sari was bad a bad girl... but hey, it?üs my birthday and it¬¥s one of my presents to me ;-)

55011641.JPG

55011710.JPG

55011742.JPG

And in the past week...

367254.jpg

Ok, now I won´t buy any patterns for a while..... Now I´ll buy FABRIC :-D

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Thanks ladies!!! I actually will drop by a fabric store this week. Originally to buy fabric for my boyfriend... but I think I´ll look out for some well-priced fabric, too...

By the way: This is another purchase I did and forgot to mention:

m4611m15.jpg

My sweetie will look so georgous in that one.... :D

redpony

Vendor
The year on this one is 1947 - 1950

Beautiful piece! I have a couple like that, however I find a skirt difficult to find in the same fabric. I pair mine with a red pencil!

waingirl said:
Jacket top. I can't wait to recieve it!:D Only $14.99 plus $7.00 shipping! Can anyone guesstimate on a year?

LadyStardust

Practically Family
cflap1.jpg

I'm over the MOON over winning this dress. It's one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen! :)

fp3.jpg

My favorite color, and OH THE LACE! *dies of happiness*

Tonight has been just GRAND on ebay! :) :)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
NicolettaRose said:
Lady Stardust that second one is so sweet, what era is the first one?
Thank you! :) The first one is stated as mid-30s, but I think it has a very 20s vibe though. I'll trust the seller though, they seem very knowledgeable, upfront, and honest. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe