Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
vel0.jpg

OMG, that's beautiful!!! ugh, your such a lucky lady:D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
That is why I will never order from Daddyo's again, not making that mistake twice!
I know there was a thread about stop staring dresses in the past but, I forget, how are the dresses? Are they made well?

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
mysterygal said:
I know there was a thread about stop staring dresses in the past but, I forget, how are the dresses? Are they made well?
I have three (schoolgirl, single-shoulder tiger, and red bodice/blk skirt Hollywood dress, I think it's called), and I am impressed with the quality of both the fabric and the construction. However, I was able to go to the main office in downtown LA and see/handle the garments first, and there were just a few I wouldn't bother with (because I didn't care for the fabric).

The 3 ladies who own/run the business are really super, hardworking gals.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I BOUGHT SOME SHOOOOOOOOESSS!!!

3832-246759-d.jpg

3832-313768-d.jpg

4998-343821-d.jpg

1396-306598-d.jpg

4974-343817-d.jpg

I wanted these, but these (in Navy) but they did not have them in my size
:(

3832-293036-d.jpg

Shoes are the largest deficit in my wardrobe. Now, if they fit great, I hope to keep them all :D
Im still on the look out for some calf high black boots....

LD

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
vel0.jpg

OMG, that's beautiful!!! ugh, your such a lucky lady:D

Thanks! I know I'm going to love it, but when the bill comes in I'll be going crazy, It's about the most I've ever spent on a dress in my life!:eek:

Kim_B

Practically Family
You know, I really need to give eBay a rest!!

dsp_dsc04600.jpg

dsp_dsc04595_1168487880.jpg

Of course, this means I'll need to buy a new pair of shoes to wear with it lol

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
My latest acquisitions from ebay:

52_1.jpg

Head scarf, said to have been from the 1940s. I just adore it.

601a_1.jpg

A Hat! Circa 1950's. It is actually navy, the flash is what makes it so bright in the photo.

f3dc_1.jpg

Cigarette case. My collection, it grows.

9176_1_sbl.jpg

This one hasn't arrived yet, I am excited! It is a cigarette box with koi. I adore fishies.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NicolettaRose said:
Thanks! $28.00 on EBay! It's my second one, the first is a sleeveless turquiose velvet evening gown. Now I am just trying to figure out where to wear this one
I LOVE knowing the prices paid! Unless it is verboten for the Lounge, I couldn't find it in the FAQ, but I imagine many people are uncomfortable discussing how much (or little!) they paid for something. I love that dress, NicolettaRose! I love it more knowing you got a good deal on it! :)

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I don't think there is anything wrong with it, if someone wants to share, let them go ahead, and if not, so be it. I have a lot of vintage items which I paid $$$$ for, but when on Ebay, it's almost always a steal!

The other dress I got was 46.00, the 1930's one, but that is because more people bid on it and I really wanted it.

The other Edwardian dress actually ended up costing $385, but it is such a speciel piece I couldn't pass it up, plus it was bought on lay away which is something great a lot of vintage clothing stores do.

The 30's dress I am wearing in my avatar was about $70, but it was also bought at a retail store.

My 1920's dresses were all about $150 and over, but I consider it a wise investment, they are pieces of history and I wear them.

What really gets to be pricey is the cost of maintence if you do wear them a lot, because the linings, and the frail stiching tend to break down, especially in something from the 1920's, so I have had to stop wearing my 1920's pieces so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe