Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I have a pinafore dress almost exactly like the one shown on the left of this pattern:

mcdress5014.jpg

I just got this blouse in the mail, and it is the most perfect shade of "American Beauty" red (much brighter and richer in person)! It's my new favorite :)

40sblouse.jpg

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
That blouse is really beautiful, Jitterbug, the color of it will go nicely with your blonde hair. I would say just pair it with a simple skirt or some vintage 1940's slacks and you could wear it any time.

vonwotan

Practically Family
I feel a bit like I've stepped in to the wrong dressing room, but want to share my latest purchase. Our club has hosted a number of period events including and Edwardian Dinner and our upcoming night with the Romanovs at the Winter Palace in the winter of 1904/1905. I found this tailcoat, vest and pants on ebay recently. Other that the overly large waist in the pants, and slightly long sleeves, the fit is quite good. It was made a bit late in the period, and I might have liked slightly differnt styling, but the alternative was to have cloted made my local tailor for considerably more money.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions for shirt, tie or cravat, and appropriate period shoes. I have included the photos from the ebay listing. Once the alterations are complete I will take some newer photos of the whole ensemble. The jacket and vest have covered buttons, and the pants have a silk grosgrain trim. The lapels are silk as is the lining of the jacket.

Cheers

371280978_076aba4fa6_m.jpg

371280981_32e80dc14c_m.jpg

371280985_82dbbad93f_m.jpg

371280991_38c1954c5b_m.jpg

371280986_d23b086e81_m.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LadyDeWinter said:
I purchased this cardigan a few days ago, it's an original WWII cardi:

324218.jpg

Lauren, your sewing patterns are so beautiful.
That's a great sweater.
You're lucky to have found one. We have a seller here who sells both men's and woman's similar to yours for outrageous sums of money. Wish I could find one like that:( But, I'm glad that someone here did:)

waingirl

One of the Regulars
I won this hat box/travel case at the last second!

hatboxsn0.jpg

Won this a few days ago. Water pitcher. "LuRay Pastels" made by Taylor Smith and Taylor, dishes made from the 30's to the 60's. Each piece has a stamp with the month and date it was made. This was made Oct. 1948.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just won an original copy of the book "The Weaker Sex" by Charles Gibson from 1903. :D It usually goes for $90 and up, but I got it for $26
Here's some of the illustrations included:
ws2.jpg

ws1.jpg

en_by_gibson_1.jpg

(the last is titled "the Eternal Question" lol and was posed by Evelyn Nesbit, famous actress and model, who was involved in a muder later on)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
You're so lucky Lauren! Right now I am reading a book on feminism and pin-up iconography and the chapter on the Gibson Girl was so interesting. I would love to own an original book of his.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I would say just pair it with a simple skirt or some vintage 1940's slacks and you could wear it any time.

The beading makes is a bit too dressy for day wear, I think. I plan on pairing it with a black crepe 1940s skirt already in my collection; along with a pair of 1940s platforms it will make for quite an entrance, I think ;)

That is an amazing blouse Jitterbugdoll. Very, very pretty

Thanks, Daisy!

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
LadyDeWinter said:
I purchased this cardigan a few days ago, it's an original WWII cardi:

324218.jpg

Lauren, your sewing patterns are so beautiful.

good god that cardigan is amazing! I have wanted something like that for as long as i've been alive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe