Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Hear Hear!!:eusa_clap :D
I top out at 5" 2' bare footed so I'll take all the help I cab get, and stilettos are just so fun and, dare I say it...sexy, i just love 'em:D

Grace

Vendor
I am an absolute high heel whore. :)

I love high heels with a deep, burning passion. However I am particular about my heels. I love the curvy stilettos of the 50s to early 60s. I cannot stand big, chunky heels. The heels on the gold springolators I posted on this thread earlier is about as chunky as I can go.

The heel cannot come straight off the back of the shoe, either. It MUST curve, otherwise I cannot stand it.

I love peep toes the very best, but they're not always the most practical for frigid Idaho winters.

Daisy Buchanan said:
I won 2 dresses on the bay tonight. I was once again surprised by the prices. I also thought that more people would have bid on them, but only one other bid on the first one, and nobody bid on the second one. I wonder if people are just busy buying holiday gifts for others, that they aren't buying for themselves. This could be the reason why it seems like their are a higher number of vintage items for sale.
I've been looking for a dress like the second one for a while now. It just has that vintage flare that can sometimes be difficult to find. I saw a few girls at the Queen Mary wearing dresses like this one, and was wishing that I had one of my own. I do hope they are in as good condition as the seller says. She says they are flawless. I've had some good luck lately with sellers, I'm hoping it doesn't run out with this one! Well, here they are:

I am so glad they found a good owner! They did go for a reasonable price...but not too low! I am glad they went to one of you ladies! Glad to see some of my former items on here! Makes me honored! :eek:

-Amanda @ Red Pony Vintage

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I have finished my first dress last week so I felt to go for some more pattern-shopping....

BUT64130.jpg

s4047.jpg

I think I´ll start a new project this week since my sweety has to work long... That´s the perfect chance to crouch on the floor drawing patterns on fabric without someone laughing about me ;-) Hmmm... Or I finally finish the blouse that is *almost* ready.

Daisy: Thank you for the kind words about my new avatar :)

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
I have 2 stop staring dresses and 2 pairs of shoes that should be arriving from Daddy-Os today, but i'm not holding my breath.

£40 shipping, then they forgot about my order and shipped it late, then i had to pay a £48.50 fee for handling at customs

Kim_B

Practically Family
I love me some shoes!!!

I have yet to find a pair of vintage shoes that fit me properly, so for now I rely on vintage-inspired (and, like Elaina, I suppose I have a hard time wearing pre-worn shoes...just...as Marge Simpson would say "warm and moist").

Payless and Target have been my two hot spots for finding such shoes, and sometimes Torrid has some cute VI shoes. I'm a shorty, so I go for the taller heels, but I do have a hard time walking in the super thin stilettos, so I usually get the thicker heels. I also have rather wide feet, so shoe shopping is very frustrating!!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Emmababy said:
I have 2 stop staring dresses and 2 pairs of shoes that should be arriving from Daddy-Os today, but i'm not holding my breath.

£40 shipping, then they forgot about my order and shipped it late, then i had to pay a £48.50 fee for handling at customs

That is why I will never order from Daddyo's again, not making that mistake twice!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Emmababy said:

That's sooo outrageous!!! I can't understand why couriers are allowed to write their own rules where "handling" is concerned. I mean import duty is one thing, and if you get stung for it then there's little you can do, but to be charged by someone for simply handling your parcel ( when that is their blessed job anyway ) that is just beyond me! :mad: It's happened to my partner many a time!!!:mad:
Well if it's any consolation I am certain that they look absolutely gorgeous on you. Please post us some pics and hopefully it will help to soothe your frazzled nerves!!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic: Hi Ladies, sorry about the severe offtopic-ness, but I have had no luck with posting photos, could you help me out please? I'd really love to add some of my treasures to your lovely pics:eek:fftopic:

Mojito

One Too Many
CanadaDoll said:
I love that one! I have a feeling I saw it and, although it's not an era I collect, I was very much tempted. Very pretty!

Thanks for all those who said lovely things about my recent acquisitions...the black beaded dress arrived today, and I'm madly in love it it. Fits beautifully, and all those pailettes make a sound when I walk that reminds me of the faint clink of seashells and pebbles on a shore with coarse sand. A tinkling rustle.

Mojito

One Too Many
Lol! Did you guess it was the green that grabbed me about your dress? That and the sleeves...you can just see it's a dress that will look fabulous! Can you post pics of what it looks like on when you get the chance? I really would like to see if it falls as I imagine it will on a live model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe