Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Leather Quality

the loco

One of the Regulars
I hace several Schott leather jackets, in steer, cow and lambskin, the leather is good but not quite CXL steer or Aero Goat good.

Life isn't fair. ;_; Where's that damn watch? I'm selling it! These first worlds problems are going to be the end of me.

I hace several Schott leather jackets, in steer, cow and lambskin, the leather is good but not quite CXL steer or Aero Goat good.

Visually? That's entirely subjective. Just as good as anyone else out there when it comes to quality of the leather, though.

Damo

A-List Customer
If anybody is interested in the 641XX i got the measurements chart from Schott a couple months ago:

641XX%20Specs_zpsjkaugtak.jpg

Thanks for the measurement chart Carlos. Still not much of a drop from chest to waist (sweep). Too bad...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yes leather is subjective but I get it. I prefer the Schott hide to, for instance, the Aero FQHH or the goat used by Simmons Bilt and Johnson Leathers. It's not too heavy but very firm yet flexible and just more like the vintage jackets I used to see and love. It's probably a flatter and less burnished finish to that preferred by many here. It wrinkles up pretty well on breaking in.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the measurement chart Carlos. Still not much of a drop from chest to waist (sweep). Too bad...

I know, i thought the same thing... Especially when you think this model is made for the japanese market, you would expect them to be tapered down!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if the patterns were created for the Japanese. I suspect they are vintage patterns. I think the tapering is appropriate to the general look of these. Mine varies in size to the measurements posted above. It's a little longer and the shoulders are a little narrower. But I did compare my Schott with my late 1960's Brooks cafe racer. The measurements of the Schott 44 are almost identical to the Brooks 46. I don't think tiny Japanese sizing describes these.

From the point where the shoulder seam connects with the collar, all the way down the outside of the sleeve, according to Gail.

zebedee

One Too Many
I like the look of their car coat in lightweight cowhide (the black cherry is pretty good). How lightweight is lightweight in a Schott?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have tried both the 641XX and the 613US. The 641XX is a more generous cut and even a size 36 seems big on me whilst I can't even zip up trying the size 36 613US. For reference, my chest size is 38.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have tried both the 641XX and the 613US. The 641XX is a more generous cut and even a size 36 seems big on me whilst I can't even zip up trying the size 36 613US. For reference, my chest size is 38.

Honestly, as i mentioned earlier you can't trust Schott tag sizes. Maybe the 613US is just one of those "fits one size smaller" model...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Honestly, as i mentioned earlier you can't trust Schott tag sizes. Maybe the 613US is just one of those "fits one size smaller" model...

You can't trust sizes on most makes of jacket, only the measurements. I was looking at Aeros on the sale page and their Size 44 is either too small for me, spot on for me or too large for me, depending on the pattern. Ditto for Johnson Leathers. I have orderred a medium in one pattern (I was told it fits one size larger) and a large in another. The medium is larger than the large... go figure.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Anyone know which decade it's from? 60s? 70s?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 2,430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 2,411
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 2,586
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 2,593

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I own one of the Japanese market Schott 1928H and it does have short sleeves. I am only 5'6 and my arms are not particularly long and they fit just right. The sleeves on my 36 Lewis Leather and my 36 Vanson Comet are longer than the 1928H. The body fit of the 1928H is similar to my Lewis leather which by the way is not the slim "T" cut model but the regular cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe