Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Thanks, Mayserwegener! I'm almost certain it's a Tonak as it's construction details are identical to deadstock 1970s Tonak I picked up in a Paris hatshop years ago. This hat is quite well made and has a high-quality feel, though the brim was a bit flat for my tastes; I reflanged it with an alpine flange that I have--I really love the sharp up-sweep at the back. It reminds me of some of the hats I've seen while browsing thru your site, they've been a real inspiration to me; I like the aesthetic of the late 60s and early 70s Maysers.

Thanks! I visited TONAK in April 2011. IMO they do better finishing work than any of the other large manufactures. They have all the old equipment so if they really wanted to they could produce a vintage like hat. I highly recommend setting up a tour if you ever plan to visit the Czech Republic. The factory was J. Hückel´s Söhne up to 1945 (largest in central Europe then and probably the largest in the World today) so you will see how a major hat factory looked like back in the day. Felt to hat are produced at the same factory complex.

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
My first Borsalino - arrived today. Appears to be from the early 1950s, based on what I've read here.

Borsalino_1w.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of my favorite color combos and with a great bash. Congrats on your first Borso...betcha can't have just one!

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
Got this Stetson fur felt cav hat yesterday from Miller. Only took about 10 days to get here after I ordered it so that's not bad. Came with gold sabres but I'm not sure about wearing those. Bought it mainly as sort of a beater.

Img_1646B_1000.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1! Those cavalry hats look great. I wonder why the style isn't worn more often. Congrats!

I got this 4X Resistol Western at opening bid. It shows a tiny bit of wear on the crown, but is in fairly impeccable condition. I immediately changed the crease, as was my original intent. More pics in the resistol thread!

036copy.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Since these only come in one, and you can't wear them on your feet, I'm not overly knowledgable here, but this 7X Clear Beaver Stetson Presentation Hat is, I think, a good fedora. Am I correct that this is not my typical furry Disney?
_DSC0002.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0001.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0006.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0007.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0004.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0011.jpg
[/IMG]

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Tall topper is an understatement. Looks to be in good condition. What is the material? The photo looking down onto the brim looks like beaver, the photo straight on looks silk. Any idea of the vintage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter