Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
thanks guys! - Pushing 90 degrees today but wanted to sweat in my newly acquired Resistol San Antonio Beaver 35, so threw on the raw silk jacket for dinner at Cyndie's. She approved.

Cheers! KC

TipTop

Practically Family
Arrived via USPS just in time for a Friday road trip so got rebashed in my lap along the way...
molds like clay with a damp towel.

Damp Towel: This is a technique I have not heard of, much less, tried. Is it suitable for heavier felts as opposed to dress-weight? Can you expand on that a bit and I'll look for a thread. (I won't ask about the lap dance...:p)

maduro 5

A-List Customer
hats050.jpg
[/IMG]

[/IMG][/IMG]
AkubraCampdraftTaupe002.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my very first hat an Akubra Campdraft in taupe.

Last edited:

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
TipTop, partially inspired by the famous video of Roy Rogers bashing a brand new Resistol cowboy hat with cattleman's crease into his signature double-telescope crown with pinch. Lacking a steamer or any kind of hatblocks, I simply lay a warm damp towel over the crown and start molding it into shape with my fingers, use a couple more damp towels rolled up to form pinch, dents, and brim. Leave in place when right and let dry. Did this one on my lap while riding in a car. Heavy felt western hats will take more water and weight of wet towels. Thin cotton tea towels work well for dress fedoras.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
I recently received a new hat from Hat Centre UK, a really nice heather gray stingy. The brim measures about 1 7/8". The workmanship is pretty darned good, especially considering the reasonable price. It's 100% fur felt. Here are a few pics, I've been trying out different feathers to find just the right one:

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

Tonak.jpg

Tonaktwo.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
Shepler's Stetson Open Road 3X

I just got this vintage Stetson Open Road (not marked OR) 3X, made for Shepler's - unknown vintage (1970s maybe?). Overall good condition (but headed out for a cleaning) and a great color.

Shepler_OR.jpg

More pics when it comes back home.

RBH

Bartender
I just got this vintage Stetson Open Road (not marked OR) 3X, made for Shepler's - unknown vintage (1970s maybe?). Overall good condition (but headed out for a cleaning) and a great color.

Shepler_OR.jpg

Nice hat TPD... what size do you wear?
More pics when it comes back home.

From some of your photos it looks as if your hats are a little small.
I say this from the way it looks from the brim to your ear.
Way to much space....

TPD166

One Too Many
Way to much space....

This one is actually on my printer - could that be it? :) Actually, I wear a 7-3/8 in most hats, occasionally a 7-1/2, but most are a little too loose. The ones I have seem to fit fine, and are comfortable - might be my poor camera phone photography skills?

TPD166

One Too Many
Way to much space....

If you are looking at my Avitar, I see what you mean. That particular hat is (was) a 7-1/4 that has been stretched to a 3/8, but it fits pretty well too. It might have been sitting a slight angle when I took that picture.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
J1, I have to say... that hat has not enough brim nor crown for you.
For my part... I just do not like it on you.
Now having said that....

You know what I think about most of the other hats you wear.

I appreciate your honest opinion, RBH! One of the great thing about the Lounge is being able to get and receive constructive critisism which is sincere and helpful.
I know the stingies don't look as good on me, but I still like to wear them from time to time. They're like a guilty pleasure that I can't give up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter