Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc Mark

Familiar Face
Good Evening, JohnnyJ,

Thank you, so very much, for your great recommendation, Sir! I talked to Art today, and he has agreed to take on the job of bringing my old Lock & Co. hat back to life so I can wear and enjoy it!! My wife and I really enjoy supporting true artists, like Art, so it will be a real pleasure to do business with him, and I'm sure we'll do business again in the future! Thanks, again, Sir, and I'll post photos of my hat once it's benefited from Art's magic touch! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I just got my first hat since joining the lounge today (though I already had two before joining). This is a Keen's British Showerproof Monarch 2X fedora in dark green with an approximately 4 3/4 inch creased crown and 2 inch brim with, to the best of my knowledge, a Cavanagh edge. It was originally sold at Dix Ltd. in Nashville, Tennessee. The sweatband is in phenomenal condition (and I don't take that word lightly). Got it on eBay for $29.00, free shipping. It's only faults are several moth bites and a stain on the front brim. All in all, I think I got a pretty darn good deal. It was open crown and I gave it a diamond crease to the best of my abilities, the felt was a bit stiff on the crown. All I've done to it at the time of posting this is brush off some of the dust and shape it. I'm not sure how old it is, but I'm guessing late fifties or early sixties, since it's got a bit of a stingier brim, but also has a Cavanagh edge. Is that guess at all accurate?

Keen's British Fedora by CONELRAD6568 on Flickr

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
2012-06-20_06-12-26_665-1.jpg

2012-06-20_06-12-39_896.jpg

I got this yesterday, just in time for todays scorcher in nyc. I ordered a custom body fro Robert (panamabo), the crown measured about 5 3/8" ironed flat with a 2 5/8" brim, but after blocking to open crown it was somewhere around 5.75". I had it sent to Gary White in Buffalo, and I'm absolutely thrilled. It turned out to have my favorite proportions with almost no taper. Mr. White used blue bintage ribbon for the finishing touch. Also this hat has the cleanest backweave I've ever seen on a panama. Pics were taken with my phone, and yiu can't really see how nice the weave is.

That... Hat... Is... Awesome... Period.

Dronak

Familiar Face
I picked up two more modern, short-brimmed fedoras today. Nothing special, just American Rags from Macy's. The black straw one is on the left and the gray pinstripe one is on the right. (The gray is linen/rayon, FWIW.)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My Hückels New Yorker is arrived. Wonderful Hat, he looks unworn.
The sweatband and liner looks new.. A shame, the stamp in the sweatband is not complete. It's a size 7, 56 and fits perfect!

hueckelsnewyorker7.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
My Hückels New Yorker is arrived. Wonderful Hat, he looks unworn.
The sweatband and liner looks new.. A shame, the stamp in the sweatband is not complete. It's a size 7, 56 and fits perfect!)

Chepstow Very Nice that ribbon & edge is eye candy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael