Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I recently received a new hat from Hat Centre UK, a really nice heather gray stingy. The brim measures about 1 7/8". The workmanship is pretty darned good, especially considering the reasonable price. It's 100% fur felt. Here are a few pics, I've been trying out different feathers to find just the right one:

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

Tonak.jpg

Tonaktwo.jpg

I personally love the color of your stingy brim hat. I think if you did not have the red feather on it, that it would match in much more with the grey of your sport coat and pants.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I just got this vintage Stetson Open Road (not marked OR) 3X, made for Shepler's - unknown vintage (1970s maybe?). Overall good condition (but headed out for a cleaning) and a great color.

Shepler_OR.jpg

More pics when it comes back home.

Is the color on this one, more tan than silver belly?

I personally love the color of your stingy brim hat. I think if you did not have the red feather on it, that it would match in much more with the grey of your sport coat and pants.

PLEASE don't "Reply with Quote" and repost EVERY photo again.... some of us like to access with smart phones & it is just not necessary to have every photo the OP posted in your reply.....

Iyor

One of the Regulars
2012-06-20_06-12-26_665-1.jpg

2012-06-20_06-12-39_896.jpg

I got this yesterday, just in time for todays scorcher in nyc. I ordered a custom body fro Robert (panamabo), the crown measured about 5 3/8" ironed flat with a 2 5/8" brim, but after blocking to open crown it was somewhere around 5.75". I had it sent to Gary White in Buffalo, and I'm absolutely thrilled. It turned out to have my favorite proportions with almost no taper. Mr. White used blue bintage ribbon for the finishing touch. Also this hat has the cleanest backweave I've ever seen on a panama. Pics were taken with my phone, and yiu can't really see how nice the weave is.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
PLEASE don't "Reply with Quote" and repost EVERY photo again.... some of us like to access with smart phones & it is just not necessary to have every photo the OP posted in your reply.....

Geez oh pete, I take a peek here with my Droid phone now and again, and never had a problem with any images being quoted from any one person or another, and in this thread within the past few postings, I do observe a few other individuals posting with pictures quoted in a reply....and as much as I do respect anyone else here on the lounge, is this really something that is directed at just me, oh lord have mercy, just spank me or what? LOL!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Panama Iyor! got to love a taller crown on one especially for getting a nice bash as you did. Congrats.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Geez oh pete, I take a peek here with my Droid phone now and again, and never had a problem with any images being quoted from any one person or another, and in this thread within the past few postings, I do observe a few other individuals posting with pictures quoted in a reply....and as much as I do respect anyone else here on the lounge, is this really something that is directed at just me, oh lord have mercy, just spank me or what? LOL!

No, its not just you. There are quite a few people who reply to a thread with multiple pictures and they don't remove them from the reply. So if someone posts a 10 pic thread and then there is a reply (or two) quoting it with all of the pictures from the original poster we now have 20-30 of the same pics repeated over and over.

In general, please remove all or all but 1 pertinent picture when replying. Keeps the threads clean and tidy. Saves space. Makes everyone happy.

B

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
No, its not just you. There are quite a few people who reply to a thread with multiple pictures and they don't remove them from the reply. So if someone posts a 10 pic thread and then there is a reply (or two) quoting it with all of the pictures from the original poster we now have 20-30 of the same pics repeated over and over.

In general, please remove all or all but 1 pertinent picture when replying. Keeps the threads clean and tidy. Saves space. Makes everyone happy.

B

+1, indeed.

How about adding this "rule" (or let's say, guideline) to the FAQ/ Posting New Messages section? The question is whether people will find/read it, but still...
I guess there isn't any better place for it, or is there?

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I always have been "mindful" that this is the "fedora lounge" and that there are rules and selected individuals that donate their personal time and effort to see to it that things are running along smoothly here on the lounge. I do notice one or more of the selected individuals that use the "quote" and include pictures are those in authority. As I do have some 3100 post, I do not demonstrate such a manner that makes me be an expert of any sort regarding the "pros" and or "cons" of the lounge, I simple am here as a novice and appreciate dearly the opportunity. I am also very aware that one may promote the eating of cabbage that others may not find it appealing or of want to read about it, thus I give a wide berth of respect to anyone else and do not attempt to impose a choice one way or another based upon my preferences.

If my quote use has offended you, I openly offer a more than sincere apology.

Perhaps someone with the "ruling" authority should step in, and do so in a manner to make it be "overall" and defined?

If my quote use has offended you, I openly offer a more than sincere apology.

Perhaps someone with the "ruling" authority should step in, and do so in a manner to make it be "overall" and defined?

Not that easily offended....just ask Buler!!!! He's tried in person....or maybe that is just Bill's personality.... ;)
Annoyed by the repeat of all the posted photos....a tad bit.
Some behaviors get picked up over time & other forums you'd get flamed very hard. Used to be more common when dial-up was prolific connection.
I've seen the bartenders state this but it is not in FAQ which folks don't seem to go to about PM's or Photo posting to start with.

I recently received a new hat from Hat Centre UK, a really nice heather gray stingy. The brim measures about 1 7/8". The workmanship is pretty darned good, especially considering the reasonable price. It's 100% fur felt. Here are a few pics, I've been trying out different feathers to find just the right one:

Very nice! My guess is that was made by TONAK (Czech Republic, JHS back in the day).

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Thanks, Mayserwegener! I'm almost certain it's a Tonak as it's construction details are identical to deadstock 1970s Tonak I picked up in a Paris hatshop years ago. This hat is quite well made and has a high-quality feel, though the brim was a bit flat for my tastes; I reflanged it with an alpine flange that I have--I really love the sharp up-sweep at the back. It reminds me of some of the hats I've seen while browsing thru your site, they've been a real inspiration to me; I like the aesthetic of the late 60s and early 70s Maysers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter