Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marshall

One of the Regulars
Here is my first Fed IV, moonstone. It's a bit more hat than I'm used to wearing, but I have to say that I'm quite pleased with it.

Akubra1.jpg

Akubra2-1.jpg

Akubra3.jpg

More pics in the What Hat Are You Wearing Today thread.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
:essen: Positively scrumptious and good enough to eat! Congrats!

Thanks. I think the Black Cherry is Art's tastiest colour.

Nice crown on that one, DJH!

Thank you, I like the proportions and the nice straight crown. The center crease just fell into place.

Marshall, the Fed IV looks great. If I get another Akubra (I have a CD) the Fed is the one I'd go for as well.

Unusual Adam Executive Fol-De-Roll. This is the 2nd type of hat I found like this. My other is a brown Ruffie.....very cool.

DSC05759.jpg

unreaded sweat.

any of you Adam experts know anything about this one? I'm trying to figure out why the 4 pin holes on each side of the sweat.

I have to agree with the staple holes. it really irritates me when that happens. What I am curious about is it really designed to "fold and roll" with that center crease thru the crown, I wonder if it would fold flat and roll?

Received this ebay purchase today - mint condition hat with the original sales slip... I thought you'd enjoy the reference for Stetson dating.

fifteen1.jpg

cheers,
Alan

that is a sharp lid! beautiful!

Here is my first Fed IV, moonstone. It's a bit more hat than I'm used to wearing, but I have to say that I'm quite pleased with it.

Akubra1.jpg

it is a lot of hat, but you wear it well. I've found that it's better to have too much than not enough. on a side note, it's great to see the younger generations picking up real lids. Bravo!

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
I have to agree with the staple holes. it really irritates me when that happens. What I am curious about is it really designed to "fold and roll" with that center crease thru the crown, I wonder if it would fold flat and roll?

that is a sharp lid! beautiful!

it is a lot of hat, but you wear it well. I've found that it's better to have too much than not enough. on a side note, it's great to see the younger generations picking up real lids. Bravo!

Very nice!

Marshall

One of the Regulars

Thanks RobFedoraField, I appreciate it. :yo:

It is a shame that more fellas (and women for that matter) don't appreciate great hats (the best most of them wear are those cloth stingies:()

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Rob, it does indeed flatten and roll, very cool, it's my 2nd of it's kind.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Henschel Hat Co. Indy Outback (brown)

I'm really excited about my latest hat purchase. It's a lot closer to vintage than any other fedoras I have with me here at college.

NewHat_03-18-11_img1.JPG

The silky liner with plastic-covered top-
NewHat_03-18-11_img2.JPG

The tag, and the crown. I believe you call this a teardrop crease?
NewHat_03-18-11_img4.JPG

On head-
NewHat_03-18-11_img3.JPG

Out & about-
whatIWear03-15-11_img3.JPG

I found this at a clothing store in Allentown, PA that started out as a military surplus shop. It totally says "swing era" to me and I've worn it pretty much every day since I got it. Best of all? It cost a total of $37.

The crowd here at the Lounge has some inspiring hats. Thank you all very much for sharing your knowledge, and I'm glad to join not just the discussion, but the collecting & wearing of REAL mens' hats!

Last edited:

suitedcboy

One Too Many
"It is a shame that more fellas (and women for that matter) don't appreciate great hats (the best most of them wear are those cloth stingies"

How do your friends take to the "real" fedoras?
How does the public react?

I'm curious how people are reacting to young men wearing fedoras.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe