Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm trying to figure out why the 4 pin holes on each side of the sweat.

They look like staple holes to me. I've seen them on several other hats (not all Adam). Dry cleaning or hat renovation tags? Stapled padding to the inside of the sweat (I've seen hats that people have sewn the padding to the leather, so stranger things are possible)

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another Resistol conversion, it's a 30 beaver. I got it cheap, I guess because of the color. I think this color is gonna make a great looking fedora.

DSC05764.jpg

DSC05766.jpg

DSC05768.jpg

DSC05769.jpg

DSC05770.jpg

DSC05772.jpg

I know we have a few guys from Ark., anyone recognize the seller?

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Wow, Bolthead. Is my monitor on the fritz or is that 30 Beaver really a rich red color? Not a hat color I expected to see. Keep us posted on what you do to make it more fedora-like, I'm certainly interested to see more!

Another Resistol conversion, it's a 30 beaver. I got it cheap, I guess because of the color. I think this color is gonna make a great looking fedora.

Hi Bolt, I just received in an Ebay brother to this... similar vintage Golden Beaver 50. It's a very nice western hat with felt similar to but not quite the equal of my 7X clear beaver western. The hat is from 1974 I think. It is a little petite in dimension... yours appears to have a taller crown. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

easportsracer13

Familiar Face
New Bailey for summer

Picked this up for $60 at my local hat shop. Gotta get ready for the 110+ summer. My friend says I look like a South Beach bookie...

cc900ca8.jpg

211610f2.jpg

16d275fb.jpg

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Two new hats this weekend. Both are new old stock from a small town, family run store that closed a few years ago. Apparently all the really good stuff was already taken (brand name hats) but I got these two made by “Hopalong Cowboys” out of Champion PA. The dark brown one is labeled “100% imported fur” with a fake leather sweat band. The beige one has a leather sweat band and thicker felt. Both are fur felt (I know because I am allergic to wool) and fit really good. I just need to figure out how to style them.

daeb649c.jpg

Johnny

Nice colors.

billyspew

One Too Many
Unusual Adam Executive Fol-De-Roll. This is the 2nd type of hat I found like this. My other is a brown Ruffie.....very cool.

any of you Adam experts know anything about this one? I'm trying to figure out why the 4 pin holes on each side of the sweat.

Great hat Bolty. I watched that... you got a bargain there!

Never seen one before either. I believe to be very early 40's.

And on rodkins comment, I believe a lot of the Adams of that era were indeed made by the Frank H Lee Hat Company.

Stetson Fifteen with provenance

Received this ebay purchase today - mint condition hat with the original sales slip... I thought you'd enjoy the reference for Stetson dating.

fifteen1.jpg

fifteen2.jpg

fifteen8.jpg

fifteen6.jpg

fifteen7.jpg

fifteen5.jpg

fifteen3.jpg

fifteen4.jpg

I predate this hat by a couple of years... here I am at the same vintage, without hat. The Stetson has held up better.

baby_alan.jpg

cheers,
Alan

Last edited:
more beaver with provenance

Another ebay auction, another hardly worn hat... this Resistol "Golden Beaver 50" has a year code for 1974 on the sales label. The felt in this is very nice... not as smoothly pounced as a Stetson 7X, I would say the hand and softness is closer to the 1960s Stetson 25 I own, but lighter in weight. It has a nice capacity for molding and holding a shape. All in all, a noticeably better 1970s hat than the Stetson 25 I purchased that came from the same era.

golden_beaver3.jpg

golden_beaver4.jpg

golden_beaver2.jpg

golden_beaver1.jpg

another me from the same period... scary, huh?

alan1972.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Another ebay auction, another hardly worn hat... this Resistol "Golden Beaver 50" has a year code for 1974 on the sales label. The felt in this is very nice... not as smoothly pounced as a Stetson 7X, I would say the hand and softness is closer to the 1960s Stetson 25 I own, but lighter in weight. It has a nice capacity for molding and holding a shape. All in all, a noticeably better 1970s hat than the Stetson 25 I purchased that came from the same era.

another me from the same period... scary, huh?

Really nice hats! I think they listed that grey one as a bowler, but your center crease seems more appropriate.
What a great idea, to pair "vintage" images of yourself at the time the hat was made/originally sold! I wasn't even a concept in my parents' imaginations when that Stetson was made, and probably almost a growing concept by the time that Resistol came about. ;)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Received this ebay purchase today - mint condition hat with the original sales slip... I thought you'd enjoy the reference for Stetson dating.

I predate this hat by a couple of years... here I am at the same vintage, without hat. The Stetson has held up better.

Wonderful period portraits and time-capsule hats, Alan :eusa_clap

That is a fabulous hat. Envy provoked!

My gratitude proffered!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

1974 huh? My daughter was 1 year old ! Nice, Nice Resistol with the Ft. Worth crease! Are you going to keep it or change ? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe