Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
am I crazy?

:eek:fftopic:

RobFedoraField said:
not much info around the lounge on the brand, but it "tops 'em all." Not a bad score for $18 on OFAS. it's a bluish gray and a really stovepipe crown. I'm guessing '50's. The felt is well worn in spots, but nothing all the way thru. it also has a moth nibble on the top, but it's not thru either., but the sweat is in really great shape and still supple.

I have 2 gallons of naphtha and want to give it a bath to see if it cleans up any, it looks really dingy and discolored in spots. I just need to find something with a lid that it will fit in. I have a 3 gal bucket but it won't set flat in it.

IMG_5360.JPG

ok, I am wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this. I have 8+ felt hats, some new akubras one cavanaugh, a modern stratton, a '70's resistol, a fletchet, and this "empire state hat"

I've handled this hat 3 times now, twice before the naphtha bath and once after. all three times my eyes have gotten itchy, and I feel like a burning sensation in the back of my throat. I thought I was crazy, but then my wife made the comment that she had a tickle in her throat and sneezed when ever I was, and I quote "playing with that hat"

anybody have any ideas why this one hat in particular we would be having some type of allergic reaction to it?

[huh] [huh] [huh]

Joshbru3 said:
Very nice Rob!!! I love the wide bound brim. Ive seen a couple Empire State Hats here on the lounge, but they dont come up very often. I want one! They just look cool to me. The sweatband looks like very high quality. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

it's definitely wider than the others I have, but upon closer inspection I found that it is not a reeded sweat, that the edge of the leather is sewn into the bend of the hat, definitely via machine, not hand, but different than all of my other hats

Stetson Sovereign 7-5/8 LO

I got this hat the other day, it was an e-Bay score. The mailman delivered this and the Mallory the other day, just got a chance to work on it tonight; why isn't there an icon with a smiley face and a bullet hole between the eyes...I could sure use one here now....As that was the look I got from the woman when I got home.

Anyway, I picked up this Stetson Sovereign 7-5/8 LO in its very nice origonal box. The felt is perfect; nice deep Brown color and lighter Brown Grosgrain. Assuming it's later 50's.

Brim: 2.5
Grosgrain: 1-5/8''
Front of crown: 4-3/4''
Rear: 4-3/8
StetsonSovereign758LO001.jpg

StetsonSovereign758LO017.jpg

StetsonSovereign758LO006.jpg

StetsonSovereign758LO021.jpg

StetsonSovereign758LO018.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Cross Country "Vacation"

5030799650_8b16ae0661_b.jpg

5030771276_a6fabf584b_z.jpg
5030235879_762e0d59ac_z.jpg

The softest, lightest hat I've handled. Very close to Art's Ivory but a little thinner and lighter. All dimensions differ from those listed on ebay, but it does fit slightly snug(leather band only)the hat is probably 7-1/4. More in the Diner...

rlk said:

The softest, lightest hat I've handled. Very close to Art's Ivory but a little thinner and lighter. All dimensions differ from those listed, but it does fit slightly snug. More in the Diner...

Purty one Robert. I am jealous of all these nice creamy color summer hats, now that summer is going bye-bye.

RobStC

A-List Customer
rlk said:

The softest, lightest hat I've handled. Very close to Art's Ivory but a little thinner and lighter. All dimensions differ from those listed on ebay, but it does fit slightly snug(leather band only)the hat is probably 7-1/4. More in the Diner...

Now THAT is one beautiful hat..... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RobStC

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
New Campdraft

I broke down and ordered a new Akubra CD in Bluegrass Green last Sunday - it arrived from Everything Australian in less than a week! I wasn't here to take receipt on Saturday so I picked it up at the PO this afternoon.

It's raining today, so I had to take these shots indoors, under flourescent light, with my cell phone - needless to say you'll have to use your imagination to see the color. Even the Akubra retail sites can't reproduce the color accurately. The closest I've seen is Beaver Brand's Bottle Green on this chart.

Open crown, right out of the box:

5031278337_d8c8bbc0de.jpg

After a quick bash, with a little steam on the brim and side dents:

5031400689_9a075ec314.jpg

5031400693_d12dd86653.jpg

Noggin shots:

5031860490_f370e2f522.jpg

5031234543_c64e06a0ba.jpg

The fit is a little loose but I'm told it will ride up, er, draw up, with wear...

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
After a quick bash, with a little steam on the brim and side dents:

5031400689_9a075ec314.jpg

The fit is a little loose but I'm told it will ride up, er, draw up, with wear...

Looks great! I love the diamond bash. And it'll definitely draw up with wear.

ebb

New in Town
CHAMP

Been enjoying my Champ i picked up on ebay. Check it out.
. Sorry guys guess im not aloud to post pictures. Im new to this excuse me for breaking in.

DRB

One Too Many
RLK, that is definitely one of my favorite hats I have seen here at FL.

Salty, your new hat has great character. Nice color.

Nice to see the straws going away and the felts coming back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe