Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Stetson Nostalgia

Received my Stetson Nostalgia in the mail today and I couldn’t be happier. Went with caribou instead of black for my first open crown; gave it a 4pt diamond crease (shown) and then decided to give it a crude 6pt (not shown); been wearing it around all night while it dries. I’ll post some better photos in one of the threads when I get it dried out and cleaned up.

Thanks Blackthorn for pointing me towards Sterling Leather. :)

Box.jpg
Nostalgia.jpg

110272010.jpg

I also finally found a use for the expensive prescription sunglasses I never wear – preventing computer screen glare from showing up in the photo when using the webcam. :D I would have been better off spending the money on more hats.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Salty O'Rourke said:
I think that's the first time I've seen a gray hat go well with brown. So I guess it can be done. All I knew before is that my charcoal gray Borsalino goes with no brown anything. Maybe the "dressiness" quotient of the hat has something to do with it.

B.J. Hedberg said:
Received my Stetson Nostalgia in the mail today and I couldn’t be happier. Went with caribou instead of black for my first open crown; gave it a 4pt diamond crease (shown) and then decided to give it a crude 6pt (not shown); been wearing it around all night while it dries. I’ll post some better photos in one of the threads when I get it dried out and cleaned up.

Thanks Blackthorn for pointing me towards Sterling Leather. :)

Box.jpg
Nostalgia.jpg

110272010.jpg

I also finally found a use for the expensive prescription sunglasses I never wear – preventing computer screen glare from showing up in the photo when using the webcam. :D I would have been better off spending the money on more hats.

BJ,

That nostalgia looks nice, do you know how it compares to an Akubra Fed by chance?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
!!!

I have my Open Road!

Here is how it looked when it came in.
Photo6.jpg

Really curly brim, probably from packing, but maybe from the last owner, and a bit small (too be expected. I only sometimes fit 7 1/4).

Now, after a quick steam to set the brim straighter, a stretch and a dry bash (I like dry bashing).
Photo7.jpg

Photo8.jpg

Photo10.jpg

After some adjustments I will post it over to the Open Road Guild, with some interior shots.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
150719541 said:
2158576440106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

My new GLEN COVE Dobbs, steel color, warm and confortable, I bought it last week in Nashville, In., in HEAD OVER HEEKS store, 812-988-6535
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Great looking hat 1507! Looks very good on you!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Along with the ones below which are going up for sale eventually so keep an eye on the classifieds.

'30s Society Club Hats
SocietyClubHat001.jpg

'40s Portis
PortisPanama001.jpg

'30s Disney
Disney001.jpg

Odd thing about this Disney is the inside: plastic on the liner and black sweatband, things usually only seen on hats during and after the 1950s. Yet the felt and ribbon/bow are definitely older.

I'm guessing it was refurbished at some point in time, the new liner and sweatband being added then.
Disney002.jpg

Disney003.jpg

One Too Many
Hi Yeps ¡¡¡

Yeps said:
I have my Open Road!

Here is how it looked when it came in.
Photo6.jpg

Really curly brim, probably from packing, but maybe from the last owner, and a bit small (too be expected. I only sometimes fit 7 1/4).

Now, after a quick steam to set the brim straighter, a stretch and a dry bash (I like dry bashing).
Photo7.jpg

Photo8.jpg

Photo10.jpg

After some adjustments I will post it over to the Open Road Guild, with some interior shots.
Open Road is a clasic, furthermore, looks fine on you.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe