Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
My newest.....

R0014793_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
R0014795.jpg
[/IMG]
R0014796.jpg
[/IMG]
R0014801.jpg
[/IMG]

duggap

Banned
pfatherpfedora said:
Since I'm pretty much a fedora newbie, I'd like some info on a hat I bought on Ebay. The lining says it is from Lee fifth avenue. It also has the words water bloc on it. On the sweatband is the Lee logo with the words black label. Also on the sweatband - Lundquist-Lilly, Seattle-Tacoma. Can anybody tell me anything about this hat? Thanks!

Lee is one of the vintage hats that most of the folks here are looking for. Johnnyphi had some in his auction. They all were well received and went for a good price. Many times the hat company would put a store that sells their hats on the sweat band and/or on the liner. The water bloc was a way of saying it was water proof. Maybe someone can come forth with a date on that term. I want to say 60s but I am not sure. Anyway it is a nice hat to have in your collection.:)

RBH

Bartender
My new Dobbs milan.

001qvz.jpg

Its an Arcadia from the Steve Harvey collection.
I got it from our friend Duane at The Fedora Store.
http://www.thefedorastore.com/

The brim is 2 1\2 inches wide while the crown is 5 inches at its highest spot.[ at the high place on the side dent] I do not think it would be hard to raise the pinch a little but for now I like it as it is.
The back of the crown is 4 inches. It also has a really nice teardrop crease in it.
The ribbon is 1 3\4 inches wide and the hat color is beige.
I really like the looks of this one and think it has a vintage feel to it with the ample crown.
Duane was really great to deal with and hope to buy from him again!!
THANKS DUANE!!

002rxu.jpg
[

003kbu.jpg

005lkx.jpg

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
More Catch Up Pics

A Shudde Bros. It came from ebay with no liner. I had an old one that is actually a Shudde Bros. lining but the logo is worn off so I put it in. It has a very supple sweatband. I changed the bow from a western style bow to a fedora styled bow. 2 1/4 in brim overwelt, 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 in crown height

hats2037.jpg

hats2036.jpg

hats2035.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Borsalino Zenit

Just arrived, today. It was part of an ebay auction of a hat box. The hat was described as filthy and was an option for 5 EURO plus. Well, the box is in fact filthy and the hat quite a find :rolleyes:

More in the Borsalono Brotherhood thread.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Homburg, Dreispitz :eusa_clap - just the color I'm looking for. There only seem to be black Homburgs in my size, though...the only grey/tapue colored I ever came across vanished into thin air before my eyes.

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Tooch said:
About a month ago, I put up a brief post about two hats I picked up on Etsy -- my "town and country duo" of a gray Resistol fedora in seeming mint condition, and a Champ version of the Open Road in comparable good shape.

From straight on
IMG_0550.jpg

I'm thinking that the two-inch brim works with my face. But, then again, I may be too accustomed to my own mug.

By the way, that's my first shot at shaping a hat. I hope I pass muster.

Tooch - That is one nice looking hat - and bash. I'm curious though - the pic seems to show a touch of green in that gray - does it appear that way to you too?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
A couple of new lids to add to the fray;

1. My newest VS: The Toreador. I have become enamored with black hats as of late, and I wanted something different. I knew Art would have the good sense to know if I was sane, and the ribbon collection to do the job right. The fabulous result;
3820639973_a199e061fb.jpg

2. A little experimentation outside my comfort-zone - both in terms of design and hatter. This one is from Tonyb (I'm calling it the Alfonse);
3820665485_cb87255b62.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe