Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Lorne you need to keep that one, sir!

I bought a black Stetson (c. 1952) Hommy a couple of years back not knowing if or when I would wear it. At my daughter's Labor Day wedding, an outside event, I needed to wear it in place of a Monticriste due to the threat of rain. The positive comments are STILL coming in now, months later.

When a Homburg's right, it's really right. And that one's right on you.

Lorne

One of the Regulars
I do like it a lot more than the black Stetson Homburg I had Salmagundi cut down into a fedor for me. That hat was MASSIVE, and it was out of proportion to my face (much like my nose is).

This is a bit smaller and it suits me better.

Based on the stamping in the hat, this one has been a Homburg since November of 54'. It can stay that way a while longer I guess.

Luftwaffles

One of the Regulars
Went to a local hat and knife store and got two "Park Royal" fedoras, one in tan and the other a light gray.
IMG_20131224_131835.jpg
IMG_20131224_131902.jpg
$84 total. Not bad.

Luftwaffles

One of the Regulars
Where is this "local hat and knife" store? I'm about 2 minutes from the NC/SC state line, and enjoy both knives AND hats.

Tim
It's in Taylors. You go down Wade Hampton until you see the Hardee's and a big thrift store. Go down that road until you see a sign that says "Hats. Over 3000 in stock" It has two cardboard cutout silhouettes on the front of it. I'll find the address later.

EDIT: Okay, I believe it's on Rutherford road. Not entirely sure, but in that general area.

Last edited:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Here's a cool little 1960's porkpie - JC Penney Marathon.

Crown and brim are different colors and there are raised ridges on the surface of the brim. Fits perfectly, so looking forward to cleaning and wearing this Winter.

IMG_3502.jpg IMG_3503.jpg

Last edited:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
IMG_3499.jpg IMG_3500.jpg IMG_3501.jpg
Long-hair white Borsalino. This one had me a bit confused - the style and quality is '20s or '30s, but the band has no markings and is clearly very modern, probably added within the last forty years. I haven't studied Borsalino stuff in years, but the liner looks like '60s or '70s? so maybe it's just a newer hat that happens to have some qualities of an old one.

TOuten2

Familiar Face
It's in Taylors. You go down Wade Hampton until you see the Hardee's and a big thrift store. Go down that road until you see a sign that says "Hats. Over 3000 in stock" It has two cardboard cutout silhouettes on the front of it. I'll find the address later.

EDIT: Okay, I believe it's on Rutherford road. Not entirely sure, but in that general area.

Thanks. That's close enough. Looks like a springtime motorcycle ride to Taylors might be in my future!

Thanks again!!!

TOuten2

Familiar Face
image.jpg

I won this "Stallion" in an auction. All of my searches come up with the modern Stallion line by Stetson. I guess I'll find out more when it ships. The picture is the sellers pic.

Tim

Great hat! Love those open roads. Stallions are a line of Stetson, like gun clubs I'm guessing.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe