Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possibly the coolest leather jacket I've seen!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking a bootlegger could work in it.

Now that's not a silly idea, hadn't thought of a Bootlegger but you're right, that's one that would probably look great in that hide.

Thanks for the heads up about this midnight blue CXL, sounds like just the kind of hide I'm looking for in my next "civvie" leather jacket.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm feeling it.
image.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Me likey.

@Smithy: Happy to help! One of the benefits/curses of being on Aero's doorstep is that you get to see all the hides and designs, and invariably you start to get ideas for your next jacket - usually just as you're handing over your card to pay for the current on. :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
And then I google 'Vanson Daredevil" and an Easy Rider jacket with the stripes shows up. I realize I need this too...

Edward

Bartender
Or a Duke. Though I don't know if BK ever went through with the blue.

Was that one of the Badalassi hides that they had trouble getting hold of?

I'm thinking a bootlegger could work in it.

Don't forget the Sunburst back... Blue/Black could be a great choice in that, now you've got a Cordovan....

And of course I wake up this morning and want this. Oh the irony!
View attachment 18136

Ah, the Lightening.... I've got a bit of a thing for the Bronx, in the original fifties spec (the extra zipped pocket on top of the left arm didn't appear until into the Sixties). Though I'm somewhat tempted by the Tein Track Bronx. A Sixties model, yes, but being able to adjust the fit by 2" to keep it snug with or witout a sweater is genius. I'd still lose that extra sleeve pocket, though.

And then I google 'Vanson Daredevil" and an Easy Rider jacket with the stripes shows up. I realize I need this too...

Fortunately I've never wanted one of those. I've seen Easy Rider: dreadful film. I wanted to shoot them by the end too.

IXL

One Too Many

Me. too! I just received a Vanson PLU-3 from Insurrection (it is a more trim-fitting jacket than any of the other Vanson 40's in my collection) and am now considering my next fix. On the Easy Rider, I'm undecided as to whether or not I want the big flag patch on the back, though.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
You know, the flag ain't all that bad!
image.jpg
The flag on the Vanson is smaller than the film's.
I was perusing filmjackets last night and there was a link to the auction of the original. It actually wasn't leather; but a cloth flag wrapped around a hard backing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Was that one of the Badalassi hides that they had trouble getting hold of?

They had the capability to order some, but after all the talk I don't think there was enough interest/commitment of the customers to order any. They had access to a bunch of different shades at the time. They might have some now, idk.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Badalassi is kinda odd. Aero made a Plainsman from it, and it was beautiful, shiny butterscotch colour, but my god it was heavy. I mean Horween steer heavy and very stiff. Not sure what happened, but in the end they decided to pass on any more stuff. :eeek:
I know BK went through a phase of offering every shade of blue under the sun on the VLJ, but I think it's one of those things were there was a burst of enthusiasm that didn't make into actual orders. If I remember rightly, it was all down to a petrol blue Buzz Rickson A-1 with rust knits. Loved it, and if money was no object, if would be mine now!

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
So I just came up with a BRILLIANT idea for a jacket. It involves Aero...and surfing. Stay tuned for about four months.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If I remember rightly, it was all down to a petrol blue Buzz Rickson A-1 with rust knits. Loved it, and if money was no object, if would be mine now!

Sloan, it as an A-1 by The Few. Like you I loved it, so much so, I saved the images of it from the Japanese site ;)

20130523_496002_zpsadeeb8e3.jpg

This was the jacket that started that little burst of interest in blue leather mid last year around here (and to a lesser degree) VLJ. Petered out pretty quickly. As I said earlier I reckon some blue leather looks amazing (this A-1 being a case in point) but it can look terrible or worse, kitsch, if it's used on the wrong pattern and in the wrong shade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82