Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possibly the coolest leather jacket I've seen!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The chances of it succeeding are slim, but it's worth a shot. No one will buy it if it doesn't work out so I have to be thoughtful with this.

Edward

Bartender
Me too. Remember the little flurry of interest in blue leather around here about a year and a bit ago?

Done the right way and in the right shade I think it can work but I think it's a very fine line with the blues, far less margin of error and it can look bloody awful if you're not careful.

I think it was an insurrection thing. Carrie had a really nice A1 with cream knits run up in blue - Badalssi? MajorMajor, formerly of this parish, had that really nice Aero in blue, the Aquamarine one with slash handpockets - I think he called it the 'Aeronautical'. ;) I'm not opposed to blue as such (my favourite nylons are the B15C /L2A / N2A / N3A....), but I think blue leather just doesn't jive with my own aesthetic. A bit too 70s Lewis copyist for me. I do kinda like British Racing Green in leather, mind....

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nick, I think a number of us are trying diplomatically to suggest that you proceed with caution on this one. ;)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Personally, if I had the disposable, I'd go for it. I love Jelado's stuff and give my eye teeth for one.

I emailed Aero. There is a slim chance they might make me a one-off Hippie jacket. Like I mentioned, it will be a little while until I can scrap some funds together, but we shall see.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
And how many examples do we have of these jackets actually being worn?

Very few. One or two Japanese models. Ya'll might be pleasantly surprised.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
This is my personal favourite: http://www.barnstormer.jp/product/detail.php?cat=1&item=448

To me, if you can rock it, the Hippie jacket is a strong look. Actually, Aero have a really nice midnight blue Horween steer that you might ask about. It looks black unless you catch in the right light.

That's a great looking jacket. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I dig it.

I've kept your mention of the midnight blue steer tucked away in the back of my mind.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Obviously those Jelados are way out of my reach and dimensions. So I am inquiring about the Aero first, as they already have the pattern and have it down.
If they can't do it (understandably), I'm sure Johnson can make an attempt. All I know is I'm getting one. I really have no major preference on the exact model...I'm enamored with these jackets' spirit and style.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
And secret's out: I'm a huge 60s psychedelic music fan (as is Aero-they get it :) ). I may be a loner fashion wise today with one on, but I know I'm in good company with the greats of the past.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And secret's out: I'm a huge 60s psychedelic music fan (as is Aero-they get it :) ). I may be a loner fashion wise today with one on, but I know I'm in good company with the greats of the past.

Blue Cheer? West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band? "...to boldly go where no man has gone before!" Live long and prosper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82