Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possibly the coolest leather jacket I've seen!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Another interesting jacket from that period:
image.jpg

Er..no thanks. I came of age in the '60s. Still like the music...but the Hippie fashion was Far Out Man. In todays world it is so far out that it can easily come across as kind of a clownish costume.
However in the late '60s..early '70s I had a russet leather jacket with a stitched sun and rays extending across the shoulders (similar to one of the jackets pictured..althought the Sun was on the left side of the back extending rays at an angle to the right side). It was HalfBelt style..but more form fitting than todays HBs specifically at the upper waist with a very slight flair at the bottom slightly below the big buckled Hippie belt. Can't remember the brand name..but it was well known( However..not East/West). I purchased it in Indianapolis at their brand name retail store.
HD

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Too strong for my palate :) What about a nice cheese cloth shirt to accompany it?

Edward

Bartender

Can't see me in it, but that said it's got a kinda cool sci-fi vibe to it. I could see this as a uniform jacket for a space-fighter pilot force or such....

To me, if you can rock it, the Hippie jacket is a strong look. Actually, Aero have a really nice midnight blue Horween steer that you might ask about. It looks black unless you catch in the right light, but it just gives it that edge.

That sounds like my kind of blue... Sort of like the Blue-Black goat they used for Levis years ago, except without all the black wearing off if you look at it funny...

Not so keen on the lapels on that. A strong breeze, and they could send you under a bus!

Ha.... yes.... But surely he's the Lizard King - he could make the bus disappear! You know, like the blue cars....

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Actually, Aero have a really nice midnight blue Horween steer that you might ask about. It looks black unless you catch in the right light, but it just gives it that edge.

I really like the sounds of that Sloan. Got any pics of it?

Er..no thanks. I came of age in the '60s. Still like the music...but the Hippie fashion was Far Out Man. In todays world it is so far out that it can easily come across as kind of a clownish costume.

I know where HD is coming from and TBH a lot of the full on 60s stuff probably goes against a lot of those here's sartorial sensibilities.

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for some of the 70s leather blazers and coats. Heck I even have a repro of the Fight Club jacket in black steerhide. We've all got our guilty pleasures/secrets ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I really like the sounds of that Sloan. Got any pics of it?

Afraid not. Denny's got a jacket made from it, but I saw a stack of it sitting down in the storeroom last time I was over at Aero - it's quite a hefty weight. It's one of those hides that would start out looking kind of flat, but the moment you started wearing it the patina would shine through very quickly.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think those are real guns too...

Dark humor at its best. Whacky like the jackets being worn. The guy in green looks sketchy.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Afraid not. Denny's got a jacket made from it, but I saw a stack of it sitting down in the storeroom last time I was over at Aero - it's quite a hefty weight. It's one of those hides that would start out looking kind of flat, but the moment you started wearing it the patina would shine through very quickly.

I'm liking the sounds of that even more.

Might have to have a chinwag with Aero once we've done our big move overseas and I've got some spare readies again to splash out on jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82