Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possibly the coolest leather jacket I've seen!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm in two minds about blue leather.

Me too. Remember the little flurry of interest in blue leather around here about a year and a bit ago?

Done the right way and in the right shade I think it can work but I think it's a very fine line with the blues, far less margin of error and it can look bloody awful if you're not careful.

Back to the OP's post, like Edward I can admire the workmanship but overall not my mug of char, far too busy for my tastes. The shade of blue is alright though.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I'm in two minds about blue leather.
Smithy said:
Me too. Remember the little flurry of interest in blue leather around here about a year and a bit ago?

Done the right way and in the right shade I think it can work but I think it's a very fine line with the blues, far less margin of error and it can look bloody awful if you're not careful.
This jacket's blue appears to be pretty dark, which looks good. But like you guys said, there's a small margin of error with blue. I think it looks good on police leather jackets, though.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I think it looks good on police leather jackets, though.

Off topic and not relevant to the jacket posted in the thread header but that's probably one of the difficulties with blue jackets, there's a police/security connotation with blue/dark blue especially it seems in the States. I can remember one member here (sorry can't remember who) saying that they'd never wear their B-15C to a mall/shopping centre for fear of being mistaken for security in the building.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I dunno, Nick. Yesterday on another thread it was the jaguar and zebra linings, and now this. What's next? Fuzzy pink hats and platforms with live goldfish? Take a deep breath, go camping, and stop watching those Beretta reruns.

Lol! Well if I go camping, I'll be sure to see all types of animals which might influence my lining choice. Maybe a beaver pelt?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Off topic and not relevant to the jacket posted in the thread header but that's probably one of the difficulties with blue jackets, there's a police/security connotation with blue/dark blue especially it seems in the States. I can remember one member here (sorry can't remember who) saying that they'd never wear their B-15C to a mall/shopping centre for fear of being mistaken for security in the building.

If I get one of these in blue, I'd think no one would mistake me for security (or at least being adequate for the job. More like "you can't park here, but take a flower"...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If I get one of these in blue, I'd think no one would mistake me for security (or at least being adequate for the job. More like "you can't park here, but take a flower"...

That's why I said "Off topic and not relevant to the jacket posted in the thread header".

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Could be trouble. How about a nice tartan, like Breton?

That could work.
My fate is sealed and I'm going to see if Johnson Leathers is up to the task. They're good at building things from scratch but I imagine a model like this is a headache to make, so I'm not assuming anything yet. I have a long time to think about it.
I like the six-cargo pocket "Hippie" jacket, similar to the one Aero did. Also perhaps a simplified version of this, or something like the Freewheelers "Little Wing".
Leather choice will be difficult.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I just sent an email to Holly inquiring about the "Hippie" Jacket. I think it has been cancelled out of production, but I had to ask.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I just sent an email to Holly inquiring about the "Hippie" Jacket. I think it has been cancelled out of production, but I had to ask.

Man, I tried on one of the last hippie jackets, made from the ultra heavy steer-hide. I swear, much as I liked the look of it, I could hardly bend my bloody arms! The break-in period for that one could be measured in decades, not years! :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes something that we think we can't live without turns out to be something we can't live with. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82