Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My dad recently bought me a 641 for my birthday, unbeknownst to me but I'm upset about the collar tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigTimeBecks

Familiar Face
Is it possible that the OP is an AI beta? The responses are opaque and basically contextually non-responsive. They respond to word hits but not the substantive message that the ripples are normal and not a flaw.
Not ai, and also I took a look at some used listings on grailed and eBay and many of the collar tabs appear smooth and not rippled. I'm not ungrateful just disappointed in this gift. My dad did his best, I guess that counts for somethin

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Image3.jpg

wetting it before pressing it with weights will also help.

very minor issue. I'd be more concerned with the stain looking fade between the chest pocket and the hand warmer pocket.

You are comparing brand new jacket to one that's been used quite a bit (look at the seams). Wait a year to compare the two again and the difference will be much less.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
If you felt or tried on a Sly & Co, the leather is smoother and softer than the 641 that I have. That one is smooth but not super soft. Schott is all marketing it seems. I bought into the hype.
I also have a mall jacket made of sheep skin. I love it - it is warm, comfortable and easy to wear. But it will only deteriorate over time and can't stand up to the elements: I can't wear it in the rain and god help it if it got caught under the hot sun for a few hours by accident.

Unless you don't wear it, your Sly and Co jacket will not be passed down to future generations. It will fall apart before that. But even if you wear it hard, that Schott could be something your kid might wear. That is the difference I have learned while lurking on the leather side of TFL, and for people who know better the mall jacket will always appear cheap and inferior.

I enjoy wearing my mall jacket and don't care what people think. But I don't boast about it - especially not to people who know better. And I would never ever scold my father for buying me any gift, let alone something as nice as the Schott your dad bought you. That is one of the most unclassy moves I can think of and very much sets you apart in a negative way to my eyes.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Not ai, and also I took a look at some used listings on grailed and eBay and many of the collar tabs appear smooth and not rippled. I'm not ungrateful just disappointed in this gift. My dad did his best, I guess that counts for somethin
You guess????
WTF is wrong with you?
You’re 38 yo for crying out loud and crying out loud you still do!!
Poor Pops!!
Diaper changing service is not included in lounge membership.
Obviously you walked into the wrong bar.
Hint hint
B

rogueclimber

A-List Customer
And I would never ever scold my father for buying me any gift, let alone something as nice as the Schott he bought you. That is one of the most unclassy moves I can think of and very much sets you apart in a negative way to my eyes.

Bingo!

No wonder the OP expects to get jumped when he wears his leathers. He is a punk and ignores/belittles those he asks questions of/who care enough to get him what he wants

Ignorance is OK, being ignorant and then arrogant about it is another thing all together...

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
You don’t mention your mother too much . What part does she play in all of this ? Are your parents still married ? Could you bring your parents in for questioning ?

TheBigTimeBecks

Familiar Face
LOL.

I genuinely hope his dad slaps him upside the head when the kid scolds him about the Schott. I know my dad would and he’s almost 80 years old.

Me: “This gift isn’t worthy of me dad…”
Dad: “To the moon!!”
My dad is frail. Not that I would have reason to beat his ass, but yeah it wouldn't end well.

TheBigTimeBecks

Familiar Face
I also have a mall jacket made of sheep skin. I love it - it is warm, comfortable and easy to wear. But it will only deteriorate over time and can't stand up to the elements: I can't wear it in the rain and god help it if it got caught under the hot sun for a few hours by accident.

Unless you don't wear it, your Sly and Co jacket will not be passed down to future generations. It will fall apart before that. But even if you wear it hard, that Schott could be something your kid might wear. That is the difference I have learned while lurking on the leather side of TFL, and for people who know better the mall jacket will always appear cheap and inferior.

I enjoy wearing my mall jacket and don't care what people think. But I don't boast about it - especially not to people who know better. And I would never ever scold my father for buying me any gift, let alone something as nice as the Schott your dad bought you. That is one of the most unclassy moves I can think of and very much sets you apart in a negative way to my eyes.
Mall jackets are fine. You can try it on, return it hassle free and they smell great too. $300 is a great deal. If you use waterproof spray on sheep or lambskin jackets even if it rains the coat is protected. Schott needs to come back down to reality. Their jackets brand new are unobtainable on a whim. My dad was great he knows I want a Schott. We use the same PC at home so he knows it's a most visited or searched topic. E.g. google Chrome shows top sites visited and my searches for the 641 and 141 are on there.

I appreciate the gesture and gift. I am saying that he should have looked at other ones online to avoid one that had the collar latch wavy/rippled like mine. He can't even return it too since he said it was from Japan and shipping is garbage here in Canada. I looked at all the options to ship it to Tokyo City as a guideline, and it'd cost me or my dad $130+ to ship it back to the seller/store with tracking info included. Jacket weighs a ton too which caught me of guard

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Mall jackets are fine. You can try it on, return it hassle free and they smell great too. $300 is a great deal. If you use waterproof spray on sheep or lambskin jackets even if it rains the coat is protected. Schott needs to come back down to reality. Their jackets brand new are unobtainable on a whim. My dad was great he knows I want a Schott. We use the same PC at home so he knows it's a most visited or searched topic. E.g. google Chrome shows top sites visited and my searches for the 641 and 141 are on there.

I appreciate the gesture and gift. I am saying that he should have looked at other ones online to avoid one that had the collar latch wavy/rippled like mine. He can't even return it too since he said it was from Japan and shipping is garbage here in Canada. I looked at all the options to ship it to Tokyo City as a guideline, and it'd cost me or my dad $130+ to ship it back to the seller/store with tracking info included. Jacket weighs a ton too which caught me of guard

I don’t care anymore. I’d add you to my ignore list but I’m just too damn curious what you’re gonna say next. But I don’t intend to talk to you anymore. “Schott needs to come back down to reality.” Bwahahaha!

cbez

One Too Many
Help guys, my stupid dad bought me a Freewheelers Mulholland. However it has this ugly grain to it and isn't smooth like my jacket from the Gap. I'm so disappointed he would buy me this jacket made in Asia instead of supporting an American company like The Gap should I just throw away this stupid Mulholland?

Nykwil

One of the Regulars

spongebob.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld