Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Matthew Weiner and I attended the same prep school at the same time (he was 2 grades above me).

I'm glad that Matt named one of the show's characters "Father John Gill". (The real Father Gill was one of my favorite teachers. He called his students "toads" -- and we were!)

Forgotten Man said:
The difference between TV and real:

80% school teachers of that era looked like her:

teckman-virginia.jpg

I call'em TR Teachers... They spoke softly, but carried a BIG STICK!lol

My first grade teacher surely didn't look like that and that was in 1970, so not so much later. Miss De Simone was her name and she looked as good it sounds. Black hair down to her waist and legs up to ya-ya. I've been stuck on groovy girls in mod dresses ever since.

Regards,

Jack

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
The teacher is by far the sexiest female character on the show.

I still think she's a Gloria Trillo in the making.

I think my husband will disagree with you about her being the sexiest character on the show... then again he is partial to redheads. lol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gents, is it only 'me' or does anyone else notice the Switchboard Gal..?

This is probably just 'me'...but I tend to notice the backroom folk more [huh] And from Season 1, the Switchboard Operator, Lois Sadler (Crista Flanagan - a GREAT Irish name if ever there was one!) just shone out of the screen and turned me into a BIG puppy-dog!!

Anyone else out there in the same boat, or do I just need to keep taking the medication? OKAY..I asked for that!! So, anyone else with me on this one where Lois will be overlooked 'no longer!!' I'm signing her up to MIDDLETON-DRAPER & STERLING.;)

cristaflanagan.jpg

crista.jpg

filfoster

One Too Many
What Happens in the Apartment, stays ....

Marc Chevalier said:
Oh please, who cares about her lack of dedication to the schoolkids? :rolleyes:

I agree. She's just good at compartmentalizing. I wish I had had teachers this good at keeping their personal life out of our classroom. On the other hand, how do we know what she assigns for essay topics?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
This is probably just 'me'...but I tend to notice the backroom folk more [huh] And from Season 1, the Switchboard Operator, Lois Sadler (Crista Flanagan - a GREAT Irish name if ever there was one!) just shone out of the screen and turned me into a BIG puppy-dog!!

Anyone else out there in the same boat, or do I just need to keep taking the medication? OKAY..I asked for that!! So, anyone else with me on this one where Lois will be overlooked 'no longer!!' I'm signing her up to MIDDLETON-DRAPER & STERLING.;)

cristaflanagan.jpg

crista.jpg

I noticed that she didnt get fired when she ran over that Brit's foot. Comic relief endures.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
habberdasher said:
It'll just be hard as the world doesn't have a slightest bit of the fifties anymore, like in the late 60s and 70s. They'll have to stop the show.

Though the late '60's and '70s are not my favorite era's, I'd still love to see the show explore the extreme changes of the time. Even if one of the later seasons was set in the 1980's I'd still watch the show! I hope they at least get up to the mid-70's.

DetroitFalcons

Familiar Face
Sorta OT: Betty Draper really does need to be killed off on the plane ride to Reno after the horrific "performance" of January Jones on SNL last night.

Really OT: The skit on Grace Kelly on SNL was in really poor taste, and reminded why I don't watch much network television, or television for that matter (outside of hockey of course).

habberdasher

A-List Customer
SNL is one of the only bad comedy shows on network TV. It's more of a status thing for someone to host SNL, instead of it actually being funny or entertaining. I don't think they push for comedy on the show-the skits are childish and the acting and actors are terrible.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Golden Globes Nominations!

For Best Drama Series, John Hamm, and January Jones.

(You know, I've been rewatching the first season for the first time since it initially aired [I recently picked up the DVD sets for $19 apiece at Amazon - such a deal!], and Betty was practically a different character back then... So I've realized that January Jones is a much better actress than I thought!)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe