Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Senator Jack said:
Axe? Smooth and sophisticated? About as sophisticated as a locker room.

Hahaha! A comedian pal of Don's has a joke mentioning "Axe Body Spray and Sex Repellant". It's pretty great.

And I loved the finale last night!

Christy

One of the Regulars
The season finale was excellent. There were a lot of funny parts.

I have to say that I really like Trudy Campbell, I hope we get to see more of her in the next season. Plus, she always has excellent wardrobe!

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I honestly didn't like where the show was going lately. I think that it will turn around though with the advent of the new agency, although it is very bizarre.
I just dont know what are they going to do with everyone they left behind at the old Sterling, they cant just boot off half the supporting cast.... I am excited for the new next season next summer. Should be interesting.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Christy said:
The season finale was excellent. There were a lot of funny parts.

I have to say that I really like Trudy Campbell, I hope we get to see more of her in the next season. Plus, she always has excellent wardrobe!

I loved how she "gracefully" exited the room when Don and Roger were visiting with Pete: "I'm going to change the sheets now." lol

DetroitFalcons

Familiar Face
filfoster said:
Two full seasons now and Betty still isn't a believable character. January Jones plays her with one Botox facial expression. Despite all the plot drama for her, there's just no 'there, there'.

Plane crash on the way to Reno?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that there might not be a "next season".

This season's finale could have been one of two things: a tentative teaser for the next season, or a giddy goodbye to the show.

I know that it was renewed for at least one, possibly two more seasons.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that there might not be a "next season".

This season's finale could have been one of two things: a tentative teaser for the next season, or a giddy goodbye to the show.

the Fourth season renewal was announced by AMC on Sept1, but there hasnt been an announcment as to when that premiere will be.

http://www.observer.com/2009/media/amc-renews-mad-men-4th-season

“With this early fourth season renewal, we’re excited to let our audience know the captivating world of Sterling Cooper will be back on AMC again next year.”

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The teacher.

I think you guys have gone too hard on this lady! [huh] Bunny Boiler indeed!! shame!

I actually think she's a lovely 'next door' girl, and I'd be proud to be seen with such a gorgeous person. I have a feeling that she and Don may become an item in the future. Wait and see! ;)

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Yep. The teacher is by far the sexiest female character on the show.

The difference between TV and real:

80% school teachers of that era looked like her:

teckman-virginia.jpg

I call'em TR Teachers... They spoke softly, but carried a BIG STICK!lol

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
I think you guys have gone too hard on this lady! [huh] Bunny Boiler indeed!! shame!

I actually think she's a lovely 'next door' girl, and I'd be proud to be seen with such a gorgeous person. I have a feeling that she and Don may become an item in the future. Wait and see! ;)

Oh please, she was more worried about her job being in jeopardy than the repercussions on the kids.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Forgotten Man said:
The difference between TV and real:

80% school teachers of that era looked like her:

teckman-virginia.jpg

I call'em TR Teachers... They spoke softly, but carried a BIG STICK!lol

I seem to remember elderly women teachers, & young charmers with folk guitars.
Anyone remember the Elvis `60s movie where he played a Doctor, sweet on a gal who happened to be a nun, played by MaryTyler Moore?
change-of-habit.jpg

2679000255_991971898b.jpg

2872535034_98b149a35c.jpg

2234354241_a273af45ca.jpg
[/IMG]

One of Elvis' early costars in th `50s eventually left hollywood & became a nun. Im not sure if that was ever an influence on Change of Habit but...

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Oh please, who cares about her lack of dedication to the schoolkids? :rolleyes:

I was thinking about Don's kids who are in her school.
Indicates the character was jsut another fling.
Like when she first got him on the phone apologizing about making a big deal about the daughter, meanwhile she had a drink in her hand. Drunkdialer, yeah that will last on the show.
Conversely, it said something about Betty, having not taken the time to let the teachers know there was a death in the family.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe