Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hollywood Jackets

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Absinthe_1900 said:
Looks like the perfect Monte Beragon jacket.

zach4.jpg

You could loose an eye on one of those collars! Ouch!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Lucky STIFF!!

Man, that's a swell coat! I love it!!! Man, is that thing belted back? I have a friend who has one just like it but, in cool green gabardine with light blue and green tweed... three patch pockets and belted pleated back! Yes, it's to die fore!

=WR=

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I had my eye on that jacket for the entire auction. It sold for about $50 more than I had to spend. Alas, it was made without a belt though, but the pattern on the sleeves and collar looks great!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hollywoodsuit1.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I love that color combo! You've got to tell us what the pants are like! If they're nice and high waisted and have metal zippers and all the vintage details we love!

Man, is that dark green and that light cream tweed fleck? It looks green to me. Say, could they make this one with a gabardine belt that matches the dark color of the coat? I think I'd prefer that myself.

=WR=

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Here are some pics of that same Hollywood suit from their website to hold us over until Absinthe 1900 replies. Hey man, you got to give a full review of the suit when you have a chance!

cm0220b6.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh, I see it is black! Man, a dark green or dark red would look so sharp! Say, those photos they have of the pants are kind of lousy... not very well photographed! They need work on that!

=WR=

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I'll shoot some details of the pants, they have the high Hollywood waist, metal zipper, & matching suspender buttons like on the Jacket. (The buttons look very very nice too)

I have to have the pants hemmed and cuffed, I'm checking out a couple places to have this done.

I'm pretty happy with my purchase, I always wanted a black Hollywood Jacket like the one Kurt Russell wore in Swing Shift, I never though I'd ever find one.

(I happened to wake up in the middle of the night when the e-mail went out with the Hollywood suit going online, so I snagged it right when they put it up.)

I need to pick up a proper thin belt for the pants.

Anyone know a good shop in Houston? (The old person I used to have work done with has passed away.)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Snookie!

WAAAAAYYYY back when at the Seaside Ball, Snookie was gracious enough to draft up a copy of her Hollywood Jacket pattern for me. I held onto the pattern for quite awhile until a friend said he could reproduce it for me. In addition to the one he made for me, he made a handful others which he is offering to the public. They look great and are affordable too!

5407_1.jpg

550d_1.jpg

He can also custom make them as well.

You can contact him here: http://www.swankysvintage.com/

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
resortes805 said:
WAAAAAYYYY back when at the Seaside Ball, Snookie was gracious enough to draft up a copy of her Hollywood Jacket pattern for me. I held onto the pattern for quite awhile until a friend said he could reproduce it for me. In addition to the one he made for me, he made a handful others which he is offering to the public. They look great and are affordable too!

5407_1.jpg

550d_1.jpg

He can also custom make them as well.

You can contact him here: http://www.swankysvintage.com/
AAAAHH!! Ok, that is killer! And the Swanky's folks are good people too!

Flitcraft

One Too Many
My goodness, Mr. Deckard, you are, as always, the epitome of hepness!
Where in the wide world did you snare such a lovely find? I mean the jacket of course!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter