Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hollywood Jackets

Barry

Practically Family
I picked this one up on a website that sells antiques and some vintage clothing. It's pretty neat...a little more 50's than 40's though, I guess.

126617561.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barry and Absinthe, you guys would look like you just stepped off the set of "Tucker: The Man and His Dream" in those fine jackets. And Snookie, that's one fine repro you've made there! Those shoulders are something else. Your hubby must have fielded questions about his jacket from every envious fellow at the Derby!

Snookie

Practically Family
Absinthe_1900 said:
This one is my jacket.
hatandjacket.jpg

Are the vertical stripes down the front of your jacket a trim applied on top, or is the front two separate panels? Looks like it's got some nice lining!

I love seeing the pictures you guys have posted -- it's really inspirational! I wouldn't have thought of half those features, like the stripe down the front and the vents on the front of the jacket that resortes805 posted.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Those are fine jackets! I'm so happy to see this stuff! You guys are swell! I wish we all lived closer so we could hit the town all duded up and show these people how to dress!

Now, one thing I have noticed over the years of collecting... in the 30's to the 50's, there were small little details on clothing, cars, appliances and furniture that don't make sense by today's standards... today, most companies feel that these classics were "Over engineered" because they're so well put together and have such cool small details... I say bring that back and you'll get this cookie to buy new!

=WR=

PS. For the record world, your modern crap is "Under Engineered"! Guaranteed to fail in two weeks

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Snookie said:
Are the vertical stripes down the front of your jacket a trim applied on top, or is the front two separate panels? Looks like it's got some nice lining!

It's two separate panels. (Actually they cut the front panel to insert the trim, you can feel it inside the lining.)

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
Those are fine jackets! I'm so happy to see this stuff! You guys are swell! I wish we all lived closer so we could hit the town all duded up and show these people how to dress!

Now, one thing I have noticed over the years of collecting... in the 30's to the 50's, there were small little details on clothing, cars, appliances and furniture that don't make sense by today's standards... today, most companies feel that these classics were "Over engineered" because they're so well put together and have such cool small details... I say bring that back and you'll get this cookie to buy new!

=WR=

PS. For the record world, your modern crap is "Under Engineered"! Guaranteed to fail in two weeks

If only we had our own city.;)

It would be nice if these jackets made a comeback, but I shudder to think about how they would be mass produced in the far east. (Fused and glued together)

Our best bet is small runs made by people that actually care about vintage style. (I don't want to see Walmart hawking Hollywood Jackets.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter