Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

I hope the doc said sit on the porch as much as possible and drink rum too.
That Stetson looks perfect for the job. The shirt looks fun too.....drunk parrots, how can you miss?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

This is a tough thread to keep up with. You fellows are over the top with great Alohas!

This one used to belong to someone named Mr. Bahama, but it's mine now... wearing a Mallory felt!

Thanks, Harv. It's good to be seen! And, to be honest I've been holding out on this thread. Got my first Aloha shirt from my father's travels to Hawaii in 1970, and have been rather addicted since. Although the sizes may vary, I have almost ALL of them from that point to the present. Sad, but true, and no, I have never counted the stash. My guesstimate would be in the range of several dozen.

Maybe now that I've come clean on this dirty little secret I can post here through the season.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I posted these pics a little earlier in the WHAYWT thread....so here's a repeat...

This Panama by Cappas originally had a short tapered crown at just under 4 inches. I was able to reblock it to 4 1/2 inches tall with straight sides. I replaced the original ribbon with a vintage brown mid-ribbon. I also hid the stitching on the bow work...I bought the Hawaiian shirt I'm wearing back in the early '90s...I like that shirt Charlie. Nice!

Panama_02.jpg

Panama_03.jpg

Panama_04.jpg

Panama_07.jpg

Panama_06.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good TJ! I like the ribbon, looks great.

a4aqa3ut.jpg

Here's a new one that showed up in the mailbox today. Hilo Hattie repop of a 40s pattern. The wife was in the middle of giving me grief about spending money on ANOTHER Hawaiian shirt when in stroll the little guy. 180 on her attitude.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Looks good TJ! I like the ribbon, looks great.

a4aqa3ut.jpg

Here's a new one that showed up in the mailbox today. Hilo Hattie repop of a 40s pattern. The wife was in the middle of giving me grief about spending money on ANOTHER Hawaiian shirt when in stroll the little guy. 180 on her attitude.

I have a couple Hilo Hatties. Those are nice Hawaiians, the real deal. I like the one you're wearing.....you're going to have to get the little guy a hat to wear with that shirt so you two can look more alike. ;)

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Speaking of Hawaiian shirts, I learned a little while back that a friend of mine has a stash of about 1200 NOS authentic "Made in Hawaii" Hawaiian shirts (sizes Small - XL) that he would be willing to sell as a lot. A price would have to be negotiated, but if I could figure out a way to move them quickly enough, another friend and I might just partner up to buy them. Not sure how old these are but the guy who has them says he bought them on a trip to Hawaii in the 80s and they were old stock then. I have not yet seen any of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82