Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Mayser and Kalaheo palm print.

asutuzu6.jpg

Off the hook, Harv! Perfect hat, KILLER shirt, and perfect pocket match!

...I really love that killer flamingo shirt hanging behind you. The graphics remind me of a vintage paint-by-number. Could we have some details please...

At your service, Dale! This one was a gift from my nephew's (82nd Airborne) travels through Hawaii on travel orders to or from somewhere about 15 years ago.

Last edited:
It's a real beauty hats-R-me. I've seen a lot of flamingo shirts and that is definitely one of the nicest. The pinks and greans really pop out against that background color.

e8y6ynyb.jpg

Making proper use of a Sunday afternoon. Hilo Hattie ukulele print and vintage Stevens "gold bond beaver" stingy.
hagahaja.jpg

And my afternoon was made 100% complete by the appearance of the gator boy, who apparently had the day off from the side show.
gudu3ynu.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice posts Harv & Dale. Extra points for Dale's lifestyle capture and wearing an Aloha shirt like your supposed to. Proper bro. Any collateral damage could be worn with pride. Damn nice looking protein too. Hope gator-boy minded his tail.

Thanks Mike and Dale.
Dale, looks like the perfect afternoon with the perfect outfit! Did you tell the boy that gator is sometimes on the menu? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Harv. I think gator boy's tail was safe, there's no shortage of them down
this way, there's even a commercial gator farm down near the capitol, so it's pretty easy to come by in several of the supermarkets - already cut and cleaned.

Well, I finally have something to contribute to this thread! Here's a photo of my wife and I on our recent trip to Illinois:

Hawaiian_and_Fedora_zpsd77a2f7c.jpg

The shirt is labeled "Island Shores", 100% cotton that I picked up at the local JCPenney. Definitely more subdued than flamboyant, but that's the reason I chose it. I'd describe the pattern as "generic tropical" with palm trees and other foliage over a phony-baloney map grid:

Hawaiian_1_zpsf4eb5922.jpg

The fedora is an Akubra Campdraft in Taupe Fawn.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82