Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I'm a little late for a Memorial Day submittal, but here are a few from last weekend. I enjoyed wearing a Champ Panama [nude] beater the whole weekend; perfect for the 3-day rest fest. Took a lite excursion on Saturday down the Chestatee River in Dahlonega, GA with some friends. The water was cold, but we got used to it really quick. The tubes were great; they had head rests and cup holders. We even had two smaller floats for the coolers. I hadn't been on a river in a long time. :)

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

Here's a shot of my college buddy keeping shaded with his wide brimmed fishing hat...

IMG_7698.jpg

The next day we held an afternoon cookout at our house with perfect weather until the very end. Here's my brother petting the [very submissive] neighbor's dog, Kona.

IMG_7704.jpg

THANK YOU :yo: to all who have and currently serve in the United States military forces...

IMG_7713.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Joao, gorgeous photos.
Alive, beautiful montage as well.

It is hot here in myrtle beach! I might break out a pantropic, but my falcon park is providing some good shade. Here's a still life and a self portrait:

44b224b48611b3fb4713b61aeec0b188.jpg

25105d6c1d18279e234d245f5afb0b0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alive; It looks like a relaxing float trip with friends.

Jeff; Mrytle Beach -cool! I imagine it is a treat after a S.D. winter/spring. As to the portrait, it appears like skin lotion is on your shopping list.

Thanks for sharing fellows. Eric -

Sure does! Nice and easy does it...

Caption suggestion for B-man's "selfie" might be, "My name is Jeff, and you must be Claude..." Or not.

Great fun A-n-A and Bowlerman! A perfect southern holiday weekend, and a trip to the beach that turned out like most of mine do....... red.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. It's been a fun week. I can't remember ever having used sunscreen in my life, but I'm changing my tune after this place. Ouch! [emoji91]

Earlier in the week my new buckaroo whiskey derby got to meet Nashville and show Broadway to my family. Here's a shot with my daughters.

Got a ton of rather serious inquiries about my hat, including one from a burning mandolin player I met at the Station Inn, pictured in the flat cap below.

0046c0321e2285c9371c153f2315e834.jpg

ab6faf2ab19c5bc57a93796717ede2fc.jpg

be94e632b719515faf4b8b93eefd1b4c.jpg

544245b19b7241cd1afa68853f48b729.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could rename this the "Fun-times thread!" The last week has been a hoot with all the good times. Thank you A&A and B-man for taking us along!

This past weekend I spent some time at the home of a cousin/friend in northwestern Vermont. He's retired from a successful hardware business, living the dream on his "Gentleman's" farm with two horses, (a Morgan and a BIG draft) a pony, a few Herefords, a handful of various heritage chickens, and three dogs (sorry, no cats, and the goats and sheep are gone now). Life is good.

Fowl play...
IMG_7302.jpg

Meeting Jenny. She's a sweetheart!
IMG_7307.jpg

Wearing my PHD Special Reserve for hard work at the grill with Ron, where I introduced him to grilled SALAMI. Lucky man's total cholesterol is 136. Not so lucky for me, but I held my own at the table.
IMG_7285.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82