Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for your compliment.
I am very glad you enjoyed photos searching of Torri del Benaco.
In the near future some other beautiful place of Lake Garda will cheer you :)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Daniele, it's refreshing to see the old world, we in the new world grow too easily accustomed to our mostly bland surroundings.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Seems like a good night for the bobby blue.

b2b547bd17a711a337ee1118db620864.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
This was a recent visit to the Delta Museum, one of my customers, in Atlanta, GA. The facility is really cool, modernized from the original location of their first airfield! Here is a link for more information:

https://www.deltamuseum.org/

Inside, you'll find some wonderful planes, such as a B767 "The Spirit of Delta", a gorgeous DC-3, Travel Air 6B Sedan, Stinson SR-8E Reliant, and a Waco 125 open cockpit bi-plane. These are a just a few. I also had the privilege of using one of the coolest conference rooms I've ever been in! All of the exhibits were beautifully restored!!

I highly recommend a visit. They also have a flight simulator there; though, I'm not sure how you go about reserving it. It was closed when I was there. Unfortunately, they don't have window treatments on the hangar doors, so the sun was glaring. It was difficult to get some good shots. Plus, I only had my iPhone, so wide angles were hard to come by...

IMG_7056.jpg

IMG_7044.jpg

IMG_7049.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg

IMG_7053.jpg

IMG_7043.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
It's amazing how big these machines are when you're up close!!

IMG_7048.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

They gutted an old fuselage and created a conference room!

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

IMG_7041.jpg

Not part of the museum, but this Mercedes that was in the parking lot is a gorgeous example of classic motoring...

IMG_7057.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Danielle, Jeff and A'nA thanks for taking us along. Marvelous pics. You lead interesting lives as exemplified by your pics.

I 2nd Eric's comments !
Thanks for sharing.

A-n-A, looks like an interesting visit. Lots of cool old planes and plenty of history there.

Ana, Great photo tour! I really like the photo in front of the jet engine!

Thanks for the comments! The museum opened last year. My company provided all of the audio visual systems for the exhibits and event spaces. The 767 in "The Jet Age" exhibit was actually purchased by all of the employees in the early '80s. Three flight attendants led the project to raise $30 Million in donations from fellow employees, retirees, and friends. The project would purchase "The Spirit of Delta". Keep in mind, this was LONG BEFORE the Internet, Go Fund Me, KickStarter, etc. Hell, it was even before mass produced cell phones...

b767_inaugural_certificate_1982.jpg

b767_spirit_1982_dedication3.jpg

b767_spirit_1982_dedication1.jpg

I'm not an airline connoisseur, but I learned a good bit about Delta and early flight. The inside of the plane was equally as impressive; it's certainly much more spacious than the birds today. However, I failed to get any pics. :( I hope to make another trip, this time with the family, so I'm not distracted by work.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Wine tasting in Valpolicella

A close friend who runs a beautiful B & B in the center of Verona asked me to do the scout for an Australian couple.
I booked some tastings in the most renowned wineries and at other small wine producers.
The first stop was Villa della Torre in Fumane representation and place of tasting of the Allegrini estates.
35ktzwg.jpg

The Villa della Torre has recently been renovated and is now at its height.
x1hn52.jpg

The visit lasted about an hour and then he entered the cellar for Allegrini wine tasting.
worp.jpg

2mpdgmh.jpg

Four were those who took turns in the glass. First Soave suitable for appetizers or fish.
The Valpolicella wine that is consumed by us daily on every table.
Then came the Valpolicella ripasso The Grola and then at the end the king of Valpolicella: His Majesty the Amarone.
My guests were enthusiastic and me too because I could visit the villa in its new role.
2ed5df7.jpg

The Villa della Torre was built in the mid 1500's and designed by Giulio Romano a pupil of Raphael, completed by the architect Sanmicheli, the fireplaces were made in stucco
2le0760.jpg

1624qc1.jpg

The Villa was used as their country home to host of intellectuals of that period that the della Torre family invited to spend some time in this beautiful place.
veqdn6.jpg

14shz53.jpg

The wine was for centuries in this area and was one of the topics in the tradition of these places since the Roman.
This is the entrance of the Palazzo della Torre vineyard, one of the most famous Valpolicella Ripasso of Allegrini
2cenjuh.jpg

If you wish to merry here or to stay for some days in the peacefull Valpolicella hills this is a wonderful place to consider.

tommyK

One Too Many
Just beautiful, Daniele. Your country's respect and preservation of it's past is truly remarkable. Not to mention how great your wines are!

I tend to favor Tuscany brands myself but that has more to do with what's available here than any knowledge of what's best in Italian wines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82