Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

HeyMoe

Practically Family
The rule of thumb is we have eight months of good skiing and four months of rough skiing and three seasons: winter, mud season and road construction.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
As well you should have.
I've tried the Georgia Brown, but haven't heard of the other. Do they ship it across the line, or do I have to come over there to try it?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

It is my understanding that their CT is a very limited run. Don't know if it's bottled. I liked a little more than GB. However, neither compares to a good stout. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I'm really enjoying this thread.

Yesterday my family and I visited Cliveden, famous for it's place in the 'Profumo Affair'. I spy scandal that rocked the conservative government in the 1960's. The house itself was covered in scaffolding as it undergoes refurbishment. However here are some pictures of the grounds and a the obligatory hat shot.

IMG_2906_zps27c61532.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2902_zps6ed401a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2904_zps4c2ccb7e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The hat is a custom from a hatter in Germany called Advintage. The hat is in the style of the hat worn by Harrison Ford in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Regards

Ted

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Wonderful photos, and a nice India hat, too. The greens are so green! We really don't have anything quite so lush in my corner of the world.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tedquinton, beautiful scenery and nice hat too! I have liked the looks of the of the Advintage hats I have seen online and wondered about the quality. It looks sharp.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Reminds me of my local Ted, except the centuries old estate. Actually there are some turn of the century estates around Gravelly Lake in close by Lakewood. They were built by transplanted nobles who found a familiar landscape to resettle onto.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Tedquinton, beautiful scenery and nice hat too! I have liked the looks of the of the Advintage hats I have seen online and wondered about the quality. It looks sharp.

I own hats by Art Fawcett, John Penman, Mike at Northwest Hats and an Akubra. My Advintage stands comparison with my customs. It, perhaps, does not quite reach the standards of my best customs but is a massive improvement on the Akubra, for only a relatively small increase in price. I love it and am happy to recommend it. It has become my 'go to' hat and has stood up to everything the British weather has thrown at it.

Holy Smokes! Someone had quite the decorating budget for halloween. That's impressive! Nice finds at the thrifty too. I dig the little mariachi.

Speaking of mariachis, my town is home to a fair sized latino population (enough to support at least three spanish language radio stations) and today is All Souls Day, which along with yesterday, All Saints Day, are the Dias de Los Muertos, the days of the dead. For many years now on Nov. 2 there is a street fiesta to mark the occasion. It's sort of an outreach to the Spanish speaking community, and is a nice time for all. There are food trucks and bands and traditional Mexican dancers. Hope you can see the pics o.k. I didn't have a flash.
ru2ujege.jpg
da9yqu8y.jpg
e7a3u6ym.jpg
a5ubybur.jpg
2y9yraty.jpg
u6epyny3.jpg

I wore my Stetson Open Road for the occasion. Even had a guy in a big lonesome dove crease western call me out and say nice LBJ hat.
epe5a8er.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
wow just some fantastic pics of your fedoras afield guys during the last few days..

Beautiful Gardens abroad & in New England, Thrift stores & insane transformers & Dias de los Muertos !

dh66 beautiful pics of the dias de los muertos your way & the OR is a perfect compliment...

My Loving Wife makes sure we Remember our Muertos every year at home
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B%3C7%3A%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2795%3A3348%3C25%3Aot1lsi

che

Last edited:
Beautiful altar Che, and hats off to your art collection. My shots are of the altar publica. As you may well know, Birmingham is not a city widely known for it's history of racial harmony. It has come a looonng way since the 60s, but it is what it is. This is a community event with multi purposes. Folks can remember friends and family who have gone on AND learn a little about a culture different from their own. It is a good thing, even if not completely traditional. Regardless of race or creed, we all miss and mourn someone who has gone on before us.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld