Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Elegant weaving pattern; buy a wig and enjoy it!

Interesting purchases, guys-- can't wait to see more photos of them!
Josh-- what a cool weave pattern in that crown. I'm not a big straw connoisseur yet, but I've heard the pattern in the crown can suggest regional origins. Any truth in that?

I think he means to size up to 7 5/8.

Josh, Neat Boater!

Thanks for the translation Steve... I was scratching my head too! :)

It's a great looking weave, Josh.

Thanks, Gentlemen! I can't wait to get the boater in my hands. Upsizing a sweatband from a 7 to a 7 5/8 would require quite a bit of foam.

Maybe even a whole hands worth.......

P13661488.jpg

:D:D:D

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Gentlemen! I can't wait to get the boater in my hands. Upsizing a sweatband from a 7 to a 7 5/8 would require quite a bit of foam.

Maybe even a whole hands worth.......

:D:D:D

It would still make you look like a little child wearing daddy's lid, I'm afraid. Best to pass the hat along to a proper melon head, methinks. :yo:

Congrats on a most distinctive and beautiful hat, Josh! :eusa_clap

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
I've never returned anything I've bought on ebay... a very nice seller, I feel a little bad. A second photo would have told all.

Alan, That looks like a nice hat, except for the small tear in the lining. Why so disappointed? I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the hat business. Does that flaw affect the value to the point of losing on the deal?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Alan, That looks like a nice hat, except for the small tear in the lining. Why so disappointed? I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the hat business. Does that flaw affect the value to the point of losing on the deal?

He was hoping that it was a much older hat. Without better pics (including liner and sweatband) it was hard to evaluate the age. Knowing that the seller allowed returns, he decided to go ahead and take a chance on it (before someone else did). Now that he has the hat in hand, he can see that it's not what he had hoped. He will simply return the hat for a refund and move on.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
He was hoping that it was a much older hat. Without better pics (including liner and sweatband) it was hard to evaluate the age. Knowing that the seller allowed returns, he decided to go ahead and take a chance on it (before someone else did). Now that he has the hat in hand, he can see that it's not what he had hoped. He will simply return the hat for a refund and move on.

It would be too much to pay had I been looking for a modern hat. But I was hunting for treasure. 5X Clear Beaver is a rare bird.

Thanks, gents. I have a lot to learn!:)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Are you the lucky one who "ignored" it?
I'm just watching, not buying. In fact, I'm about to get all zetwal on my collection. I plan to get back down to 5 or 6, so there will be a lot of action in the Classifieds one of these weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe