Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Just curious, Lefty, why the 5 or 6? Do you find the rotation only makes it that far?

Looking forward to your offerings, anyhow. I like to maintain a round of 16 or so. :)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It would be too much to pay had I been looking for a modern hat. But I was hunting for treasure. 5X Clear Beaver is a rare bird.
I have one in a box right over here... oh, yeah...

I guess Stetson made a lot of 5X hats in the 70s. I almost didn't bid on the one I got because I'd seen so many
unappealing 70s 5X cowboy hats on eBay. But then I saw that date on the sweatband...

I think you're doing fine for stupendous Western hats, Alan.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I'm just watching, not buying. In fact, I'm about to get all zetwal on my collection. I plan to get back down to 5 or 6, so there will be a lot of action in the Classifieds one of these weeks.

Understood. Just take the select few that you like best and enjoy.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Just curious, Lefty, why the 5 or 6? Do you find the rotation only makes it that far?

Looking forward to your offerings, anyhow. I like to maintain a round of 16 or so. :)

I tend to wear 1 or 2 hats almost exclusively for quite a while. Then I'll switch to a third. There are many of them that never make it into the rotation - though they're damn fine hats, including a VS. In terms of felt, I think I'm just going to keep a green Borso, the Borso Savoy, the CB, and maybe, the Nutria. The few caps I have will stick around.

As to straw, I've got a nice milan to sell, and I'll probably sell the VS/PB panama. That will leave me with two Optimo milans.

Of course, this is easier said than done. I thought about this several months ago and even began taking photos of the Vita-Felt when I found that I couldn't continue. In the end, I want this

Just take the select few that you like best and enjoy.

Thanks, zet.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yep, done whining. No question I've had more than my share of good fortune.

Did you ever wind up wearing your incredible 5X?

Not often. I'm careful about wearing it. You never know when some
guy is gonna come in out of town and try to ply you with alcohol until
he can get his hands on it.

4527649360_019a421599.jpg

But I am not opposed to wearing it (after all, that was the result of the poll).
I just don't always don a vintage Western lid to go to the bank like some guys.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Not often. I'm careful about wearing it. You never know when some
guy is gonna come in out of town and try to ply you with alcohol until
he can get his hands on it.

That scene looks vaguely familiar...;)

That 5X is one for the ages. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

TipTop

Practically Family
My First TWO Borsos for $80 (only one is an April Fools joke)

OK guys, little did I ever think that I'd snag TWO BArsalinos for well under $100 bucks, but I just did--opening bid each. I think the tan one should be acceptable with a new band;

Not sure what to do about the other one; I'll entertain suggestions (and offers!)

Last edited:

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Woohoo got my first vintage lid in my size! I just won and paid for a disney twenty fedora in 7 3/4 long oval! As you can tell im very excited for this fine lid.

Woohoo, just won my first Vintage Stratoliner in my size on Ebay. I paid a pretty penny for it but hey, a Stratoliner in my size is rare and this one really intrigued me and I decided I wasn't gonna let it get away. Actually, it's a Stratoliner Medalist or Medalist Stratoliner, a lightweight unlined Stratoliner. I posted on the Vintage Stratoliner thread already but if anyone has any info on this hat (with the stratoliner airplane picture on the sweatband) please fill me in. I was told by a member here that it's probably an early 40's model.

stratolinerfedora04.jpg

stratolinerfedora10.jpg

stratolinerfedora12.jpg

Last edited:
That's a Strat worth getting excited about. I would agree with the early 1940s estimate. Looks to have a gold printed size tag. Not inexpensive, but a great catch. Congratulations, Terry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe