Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Purnsley vs White has been coming for four years. From the first time Chalky had Purnsley
Beat up when they where in the jail cell.
There has always been tension between them.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is currently 1924...
I thought Dunn was a great character, with some great acting by Erik LaRay Harvey. The scene when Dunn first goes to Harlem with Narcisse's heroin money is particularly amazing.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Purnsley vs White has been coming for four years. From the first time Chalky had Purnsley
Beat up when they where in the jail cell.
There has always been tension between them.
I decided to watch again, just the last couple of episodes, and I have to say, Chalky is by far the most interesting character that is still on the show. Which means they're going to kill him off, since I like him. :eusa_doh:

Is it now the case that both Miss Maitland and Dr. Fullofhimself are left with little choice but to see the other dead?

You know, it's one of those I-gotta-kill-you-before-you-kill-me situations?

Same for Chalky and Dr. Fullofhimself, I suppose. Ain't room enough in the world for the two of them.

Last edited:
Is it now the case that both Miss Maitland and Dr. Fullofhimself are left with little choice but to see the other dead?

You know, it's one of those I-gotta-kill-you-before-you-kill-me situations?

Same for Chalky and Dr. Fullofhimself, I suppose. Ain't room enough in the world for the two of them.

Totally agree. But I need to see Chalky make it through. The other two I could care less about.

Again I ask... Where's "The Dutchman"? Where's "Legs Diamond"? Legs was mentioned in passing but that's it. These guys were big names in their day. Also does anybody else suspect that there's another reason why Johnny Handsome is spending all that time and effort to clean up a junky whore?

Worf

Because when she's straight, she's a hardcore b*tch and can be of value in the future. I think he's using her for that. Or the dope is in love.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I thought Chalkie's little "street play" was great. "Harlem by Torchlight"! Great!

Worf

Yeah, I loved that too. Now I am curious to see what is going to happen in Chicago. Obanion's days are numbered and he was murdered in 1924 after selling a brewery to Torrio and then having it raided by the cops. Curious to see if the former Proabition Agent is the one to take him out.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Does anyone here know who's doing the actual singing for the Daughter Maitland character? She has a Hell of a voice, I'd buy the CD, if there is one...

So, if Daughter Maitland gets dead at the hands of Dr. Narcisse (not the unlikeliest of developments), Chalky White will surely dispatch the doctor. Or die trying.

After all, Chalky is more than a bit taken with the lovely Miss Maitland, much as Nucky was quite enamored with Billie Kent last season (my oh my, what a scrumptious little thing was she). And Nucky, in his anger and his pain, saw to it that that nice Gyp Rosetti didn't get out of Jersey alive. It was all motivated to a large degree by financial interests, of course, but killing an already murderous man's major love interest is a guaranteed way to motivate him to murder again.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's Daughter herself, Margot Bingham doing the singing
[video=youtube;Fyx2gIWqshc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyx2gIWqshc[/video]

So, if Daughter Maitland gets dead at the hands of Dr. Narcisse (not the unlikeliest of developments), Chalky White will surely dispatch the doctor. Or die trying.

After all, Chalky is more than a bit taken with the lovely Miss Maitland, much as Nucky was quite enamored with Billie Kent last season (my oh my, what a scrumptious little thing was she). And Nucky, in his anger and his pain, saw to it that that nice Gyp Rosetti didn't get out of Jersey alive. It was all motivated to a large degree by financial interests, of course, but killing an already murderous man's major love interest is a guaranteed way to motivate him to murder again.

Maybe Chalky's wife will do her in! Have you seen the looks she gives him?
They're setting up a LOT of great drama for future episodes. Great show.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Maybe Chalky's wife will do her in! Have you seen the looks she gives him?
They're setting up a LOT of great drama for future episodes. Great show.

I doubt it Chalky's wife will ever open her mouth much less interfere. She is like the "Woman From Niger", she's riding the Tiger. She KNOWS that her illiterate, country born husband does NOT earn an honest living and is definitely violent with a capital V. She's got it good, real good for her and the kids and is NOT going to question him about anything EVER! She's not that crazy!

Worf

I doubt it Chalky's wife will ever open her mouth much less interfere. She is like the "Woman From Niger", she's riding the Tiger. She KNOWS that her illiterate, country born husband does NOT earn an honest living and is definitely violent with a capital V. She's got it good, real good for her and the kids and is NOT going to question him about anything EVER! She's not that crazy!

Worf

As many wives of that era married to gangsters, she practices the "don't ask don't tell" policy of keeping my good life moving forward. I knew some of these women growing up (married to bookies and gamblers, not gangsters) - they were intentionally "ignorant" of how their husbands brought home the money as most had a cover story anyway.

The Doctor's already dead, he just doesn't know it yet.

So we can hope.

The evil Dr. Fullofhimself surely knew that beating the lovely Miss Maitland would all but guarantee a fatal (for at least one of them) showdown with the determined Chalky. But I'm wondering if the scriptwriters aren't giving us a Narcisse who isn't always the calculating, rational actor, that he, too, is motivated by emotion. He certainly has his vanities, and there's nothing logical in that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82