Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Love Van Alden in this episode the confict between good and bad and the slight nuge it takes to push him over the edge. An after the hit on OBannon his lucky break by getting in the till and getting the money. He feels free of all the secrets he has been hiding. Richard came into Nucky's recue at the end he needs Richard's protection. With the Good Doctor causing problems.

Love Van Alden in this episode the confict between good and bad and the slight nuge it takes to push him over the edge. An after the hit on OBannon his lucky break by getting in the till and getting the money. He feels free of all the secrets he has been hiding. Richard came into Nucky's recue at the end he needs Richard's protection. With the Good Doctor causing problems.

T'was my favorite part of last night's episode. The guy is epic, and seeing him slowly go over the edge is just brilliant.
Dr. Narcissist is for sure a dead man, but who will do it? Chalky? Enoch? There's a lot of play with the many directions things are going and it's for sure my favorite season so far.
And on the creepy side we have the Gillian and Sally. Not sure where they're taking those two, but they give me the creeps :)

Yes, Nelson/George was a genuine hoot.

Maybe I'm reading into these characters what their creators didn't intend to put there, but I'm detecting a common thread between Richard Harrow and Nelson Van Alden. Richard's mask is literal, while Nelson's is metaphorical. And they both leave the impression of having ice water in their veins, but in actuality both are anything but dispassionate.

Yes, Nelson/George was a genuine hoot.

Maybe I'm reading into these characters what their creators didn't intend to put there, but I'm detecting a common thread between Richard Harrow and Nelson Van Alden. Richard's mask is literal, while Nelson's is metaphorical. And they both leave the impression of having ice water in their veins, but in actuality both are anything but dispassionate.

Richard had the best line of the night when they were waiting to get the marriage license.
"You sure you want to go through with it?"
"Sure. It is only a Hunting license." :rofl:

I don't know if it is my sound system or what but the characters aside from Alden and Chalky are all mealy mouthed and it is hard to hear what they are saying unless you turn the sound up high. They seem to be trying to get that low guttural voice that makes it a pain to listen to. :eusa_doh:

No, we actually rewound a few scenes because of that. They have some dialog that's hard to decipher for sure.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Several things from last nights episode...

Roy Philips... sir Gallahad I feel is a private Dick. He's been hired by the parents of the dead boy (mebbe the other couple they met for dinner) to find out what happened to their son. That kids showing up at the diner to question her was the first clue and too big a coincidence to be random. She'll admit sooner or later what she done and then she'll be off to prison or the morgue.

Narcisse is NOT as cool as he pretends. He's lost his heroin and his supplier he now has to beg for product from Masseria who will make him beg I'm sure. He's pissed off Chalky, Nucky and all involved. He overplayed his hand by confronting Nucky. Hell Nuck just went toe to toe with the NY mob and WON!!!!!!! Narcisse is too light in the ass for that fight.

Van Alden IS THE MAN. He's BACK!!!!! Finally. Shoot three men and leave them to rot where they lay. Tell O'Banion that he's messing with a full grown man not some punk. Then go home tell that naggin' fish wife where the bear chit in the buckwheat! Ah yes... masterful stuff! Thrown the money on the bed and your pistol too! Then make love on top of both!!!! "Impetuos! Homeric! (bonus points for whoever knows what movie that line was from). Lovin' this years shows.

And Nucky's willingness to kill Mickey Doyle for a payday... hilarious! Couldn't happen to a more worthless worm!

Worf

Last edited:
Interesting take on Phillips! Makes total sense. More than falling for the bi...er, dame.
Van Alden made my night, start to finish. Or Swedish. lol
Dr. Von Ego is dead meat. But they'll drag that out like the crazy Sicilian. They want us to really want it. I do.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Worf, I agree with your take on Phillips. He's been a pretty bland character thus far so I hope we are blown away with who he really is!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I was reading the Wiki for Boardwalk yesterday and they have the titles for the last three episodes up.
ep 10 White Horse Pike
ep 11 Havre de Grace
ep 12 Farewell Daddy Blues

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[video=youtube;E3bdDHzvzaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3bdDHzvzaE[/video]
From 1924. I guess we can assume a version of this will play over the end credits.....
I LOVE this show.

Roy Philips... sir Gallahad I feel is a private Dick. He's been hired by the parents of the dead boy (mebbe the other couple they met for dinner) to find out what happened to their son. That kids showing up at the diner to question her was the first clue and too big a coincidence to be random. She'll admit sooner or later what she done and then she'll be off to prison or the morgue. ...

I can't be the only one slapping himself on the forehead.

Yes, and Gillian's mention of what happened to her boy Jimmy (that conversation on the boardwalk, with her under the parasol) wasn't there just to fill space.

Rough childhood that girl had, for sure, not to so much as imply that that would be any justification for killing that kid, whose only sin was looking to get laid. (And really, what warm-blooded young man could resist her, um, charms? She's enough to have an absolutely gay fellow consider how things might look from the other side of the street.)

Whole lotsa evil begettin' evil, though.

And Nucky's killing of the actual Jimmy (it might be argued that that was gangster-assisted suicide) plays into this, of course.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one slapping himself on the forehead.

Yes, and Gillian's mention of what happened to her boy Jimmy (that conversation on the boardwalk, with her under the parasol) wasn't there just to fill space.

Rough childhood that girl had, for sure, not to so much as imply that that would be any justification for killing that kid, whose only sin was looking to get laid. (And really, what warm-blooded young man could resist her, um, charms? She's enough to have an absolutely gay fellow consider how things might look from the other side of the street.)

Whole lotsa evil begettin' evil, though.

And Nucky's killing of the actual Jimmy (it might be argued that that was gangster-assisted suicide) plays into this, of course.

Don't forget Sally. (yeah, I slapped my head too - wife always tells me I should write this stuff because I figure it out 99% of the time pretty fast).
Sally is really a trip. Esp that ending with the gun in bed. Ideas?

Feraud

Bartender
We just caught up and watched last week's episode.
Would it be wrong to say the show is growing better with each season and this may be one of the best?

There is a lot of individual character story development happening for better and worse.
Van Alden is back. Love that guy!
Is Chalky really losing his head (I hope not literally) over a very cute face?
Can Capone be any more coked up??
Why is that buxomy blonde Florida gal (I forgot her name..) sleeping with a shotgun?

We just caught up and watched last week's episode.
Would it be wrong to say the show is growing better with each season and this may be one of the best?

There is a lot of individual character story development happening for better and worse.
Van Alden is back. Love that guy!
Is Chalky really losing his head (I hope not literally) over a very cute face?
Can Capone be any more coked up??
Why is that buxomy blonde Florida gal (I forgot her name..) sleeping with a shotgun?

Sally. That's what I said. She's whack!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82