Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Aero Stockman (and Friends)

winterland1

Practically Family
The Stockman looks great. It is interesting how the white and black lining looks together with the black leather.
With all your jackets you have many colors of the leather rainbow.
You must be holding a grudge against zippers though.

eggleman

One of the Regulars
The Stockman looks great. It is interesting how the white and black lining looks together with the black leather.
With all your jackets you have many colors of the leather rainbow.

Maybe he had a nasty accident with a zipper in the past ? :eeek:

schitzo

Suspended
WDW I thought you were a size 40? I too am a stockman fan, and will be especially interested in the measurements this time as 38 is my size. Also, it'd be great to see you with it on.. any danger?

The one I had was 32" long and looking back that probably was a bit longer than ideal, so I think having it shortened is the smart move. Like this lot have said, black is a good choice, but IMO it's a particularly good choice for this model. Congrats! It's always good to see one of the nice guys have their patience rewarded

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm actually surprised at so many positive vibes, as I know that the Stockman is almost anti-style in terms of design and dare I say old-fashioned and boring compared to almost everything else on offer.
You're right, winterland. My first Aero was an LHB and almost immediately I realised it wasn't for me and traded it in a month later. Expensive lesson learned. I've also had an HWM and feel that the short jackets, for me, are better suited for zips. I have a Dustbowl on order, so I'm not totally against zips.
WDW I thought you were a size 40?
Schitzo, although I only have 4 Aeros now, a total of 10 have gone through my hands in the last 16 months, with the Stockman being the only 38. Despite advice from the previous incumbents that my Stockman should be a 40, I had come to the conclusion that Aero sizing is generous and that a 38 would be a better fit. My Shackleton is a 40 as it's 100% true to size. My Teamster is also a 40, but I recently paid Aero to take it in a bit to sleeken it up slightly. My new Dustbowl will be a 38 as I want something neater with no room for layering.

Last edited:

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Thanks for posting, very interesting to compare the various leathers and see how the cordovan looks, looking forward to receiving both my Shackleton in 3 months (mine in tumbled horse) and Maxwell in FQHH cordovan in 6. The stockman is not for me, style-wise but still a very nice jacket, love what you did for the liner, goes very well with the style of the garment.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm actually surprised at so many positive vibes, as I know that the Stockman is almost anti-style in terms of design and dare I say old-fashioned and boring compared to almost everything else on offer.

Hi wdw, I actually find car coat/pea coat jackets to be very versatile. My Aero Barnstormer gets a lot of use (and comments :D ) and an old moleskin car coat I have is the jacket I probably wear more than most. These types of coats are damn handy and are no slouches in the looks department either. I'm sure that new Stockman of yours will get a ton of use.

Dav

One Too Many
I like that WDW, I've always liked the Stockman myself, it was a toss-up between that and a Cheyenne when I was ordering a while back. Really like the group shot as well, it's always good to see the different designs and leathers together in real life.

wdw

One Too Many
The comments here have made me realise how little black we actually see on the Lounge, as most of the lurrvve goes to various shades of brown, with an occasional dash of cordovan.

As for the lining, as I was at Aero just before production, Denny kindly showed me what linings were available, and in particular the black & white, which we both thought would look ideal on a simple black jacket. I'm glad that the consensus seems to be that it worked well.

wdw

One Too Many
Now it's dry, here's some fit pics. The first two compare the new black one with the 7 month old cordovan. Please excuse the frozen face, but I did all this on my own for the first time :)

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great pictures and great fit. If you had requested a 40 rather than a 38, the Stockman would have been too bulky and think you just nailed the sizing. As I recall, your Teamster is a 40 and also fits well. Living just south of the arctic circle as you do, I believe my preference would be the Stockman. :D

edqc

New in Town
Picked up my second Stockman from Aero today. It's black FQHH, 38", shortened 30" back, 25.5" sleeves. After discussion with Denny, I deleted the inner pocket and cord strip mods, so this is pretty pure. It's a de-modded clone of my cordovan Stockman, which I seem to wear about 70% of the time. Lining is Erskine Black and White, as I fancied a change from colourful tartans.

Here are my current four jackets together to show differences in colours - cordovan Stockman; black Stockman; battered brown Shackleton and vintage black Teamster (for any who's counting, I traded in my cordovan HWM today for a pending cordovan Dustbowl).

can u tell me how heavy the stockman in FQHH weight .thanks

wdw

One Too Many
Hopefully edqc can rest in peace now:

38” Cordovan Stockman – 2.8kg; 38” Black Stockman – 2.4kg.

I believe the cordovan uses the more expensive and weightier heavy metal pigmentation impregnation process. ;)

Either that or it’s because the black one has no inner pockets and is an inch shorter in the front. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld