Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

deanglen said:
So, I'm looking at $78 including shipping for a Campdraft from Hats Direct?
dean
No Sir. That is what I averaged ordering 3 Campdrafts, 2 from EA & 1 from HD. HD being the highest & higher shipping cost, too. Given the exchange rate of US to AUD, the EA orders were the lowest, 1 under $70 & the other just over...

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
gtdean48 said:
I am at my limit with Silver Belly, Mid-Brown & now Glen Gray. Averaging across the 3 including shipping charges, I'm at $78/hat. Can't beat that with a stick!!!:D
What? No Taupe Fawn?

And if you scour the Internet world long enough, you might be able to find it in black and bluegrass green.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Doctor Strange said:
It's a great day for folks like me, most of whose wardrobe is black/blue/grey vs. earth tones!

The Campdraft in Glen Grey - a great addition to the lineup. (I have a Stockman that color, a lovely medium blue-grey.)
And consider this: Some FLoungers (Matt Deckard comes to mind) have expressed a desire for a grey fedora something like the Federation, but with a higher crown (like the Fed III was) and a non-dimensional bound brim.

Take a glen grey Campdraft, put a 1-5/8" ribbon on it and you're there!

Or just get a black pugaree and you can have it both ways.

carter said:
:arated: We started asking in December 2008 (post 255 this thread) and here it is! Just as Ron at Hats Direct said it would be (post 285 this thread). :D
Did you get any notice from Ron that it was going thru? He replied back when I queried about it but nothing since. Glad JohnnyB saw it & alerted us. Wonder if the color will show up on EA. Mid-brown doesn't show up on HD, tho.[huh]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JohnnyB53 said:
Hallelujah! Hats Direct has broadened their fedora offerings and colors they keep in stock.

And look what they now stock in a Campdraft:

campdraft-glengrey-large.jpg

Placed my order today. I'm really looking forward to this one. Maybe I should order a mid brown too. Then I would have the full complement of Campdraft colors.

Oh, I also ordered a Capricorn and a Country Club from EA. Well, I haven't had a new hat since last year. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Placed my order today. I'm really looking forward to this one. Maybe I should order a mid brown too. Then I would have the full complement of Campdraft colors.

Oh, I also ordered a Capricorn and a Country Club from EA. Well, I haven't had a new hat since last year. ;)
You are unstoppable!lol lol lol lol

BobC

gtdean48 said:
Wow Bob! You shouldn't deprive yourself, so! ;)
I really like the Zephyr but this Glen Gray CD took it's slot in the budget...

That glen gray Campdraft is very sharp. I'm glad JohnnyB mentioned that they are available to order. I've been waiting to hear. Do you know if Hatsdirect actually has them yet? I haven't gotten any response from them, but it's only been a couple of hours since I ordered it.

What does a Zephyr look like? Can't say that I've noticed that one anywhere.

BobC

indycop said:
You are unstoppable!lol lol lol lol

KimC ordered two new baskets the other day....the door swung wide open. ;) And I don't have very many summer hats. lol

I presume you'll be ordering a gray Campdraft since you already have the other colors?

BobC

Boxerken said:
A Gray Campdraft!!!!! Cant wait to see that one

HI, Ken! Check out my post right up the page. That's the stock photo from Hatsdirect's website. When they start arriving I bet you'll see lots of photos of them.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The color of the Glen Grey doesn't look quite right to me in the Hats Direct picture. It's got more of a blue cast to it. Check out this picture of my Stockman - it's not a great shot, but it was taken in bright sun (and yes, I'm wearing a black A-2 - the colors are pretty accurate):

STOCKMN1.JPG

BobC

Thanks, Doctor S. I think it'll make a sharp looking Campdraft. I really can't think of what would be a bad color for that hat...except for maybe lime green with an orange ribbon. :eek: lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe