Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ADAM ALLEY

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
I have a early 60s Adam Crosley PTV that is similar but it has a side bow. You can see it on page 4 of this thread. Does your Crosby PTF have a stitiched liner?

Yeh, the liner is stiched, not taped. The color of the sweatband and the fact that the ADAM logo is white on the inside instead of green makes me think this Crosby PTF is from the early to mid 50's.

billyspew

One Too Many
Joshbru3 said:
Yeh, the liner is stiched, not taped. The color of the sweatband and the fact that the ADAM logo is white on the inside instead of green makes me think this Crosby PTF is from the early to mid 50's.

Miller Bros means it's definately post '55 probably earlier than '58.

Nice hat as well, one of the first to actually be made by Adam themselves (they were wholesalers only up until 53/54.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
Miller Bros means it's definately post '55 probably earlier than '58.

Nice hat as well, one of the first to actually be made by Adam themselves (they were wholesalers only up until 53/54.

Thanks billyspew. Does the "Crosby" model name have any significance? I thought it might have been named after Bing Crosby, but Ive never seen a picture of him in a diamond shaped porkpie, or any porkpie for that matter.

billyspew

One Too Many
Pictures of an Adam Regent quality panama from the early 50's. Had it for a while but only getting around to replacing the sweatband now (it's all dried up).

4710229862_740b110b48.jpg
4710229412_86c0956e3a.jpg

4710230956_55f8ec75d6.jpg
4710230584_98f80f30ec.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
SteveAS said:
My only Adam, which is one of my favorite hats: Air Lite Pacesetter.

Gents, I'd appreciate your thoughts on its time of manufacture.

Sorry for not picking this up earlier.

Very nice Steve, great pruchase. That's the first Air Lite version of the Pacesetter I've ever seen! :eusa_clap

I would fairly confidently put this in the early 50's (probably 51-53).

Wear it well!

Bill

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today Im wearing my new-to-me 1960's Adam. I just got it today. Bought it from ebay and i was very happy with it when i opened the box. The hat is actually a much darker grey than in the pictures. The 2 inch bound edge is a very nice shade of light blue which compliments the grey felt and black ribbon very well. Whats kind of weird is that the black sweatband doesn't have any manufacture or retail store markings on it. Im positive its original though. I looked through this entire thread and was unable to find a liner logo that matched this hat. Based on the sweatband and stitching, I would date this hat to the late 60's.

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03822.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads