Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ADAM ALLEY

Hereward

One of the Regulars
Johnnyphi Adam

I have also posted this hat in Johnnyphi Hat Owners.

s5000321a.jpg

By billyboy1957 at 2010-05-02

s5000325a.jpg

s5000326a.jpg

I have no idea how old it is but, in any case, it was clearly unworn before me and a lovely fit. Turning up the sweatband I found a label stating 'Char-Brown Groton'. The bash is mine.

Beautiful! Nothing like a New Old Stock (NOS) vintage hat! "Adam Man" BillySpew should be able to give you a date range. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Beautiful! Nothing like a New Old Stock (NOS) vintage hat! "Adam Man" BillySpew should be able to give you a date range. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

:arated: Wonderful hat and a great look for you! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hereward

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I was outside Richmond Theatre in London, where my wife and I had gone to see 'O What a Lovely War'. This bitter-sweet musical play paradies the First World War and makes jokes about every nation involved, especially the English - something we English are masters at.

There is something inherently healthy about having an ability to mock yourself. It's hard to object to an Englishman's jokes about another land when he makes worse ones about his own than anyone else can usually manage (c.f. most Monty Python sketches and the many shows that predated and led to Python).

No-one passed comment in my earshot but I did receive some pleasant attention. I should have started wearing fedoras before I met the missus.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Hereward said:
There is something inherently healthy about having an ability to mock yourself. It's hard to object to an Englishman's jokes about another land when he makes worse ones about his own than anyone else can usually manage (c.f. most Monty Python sketches and the many shows that predated and led to Python).

So true, Sir, so true! Without that sort of mockery we would be utterly unable to see the truth in anything and the free world could not exist.

I must say that you look stunning in that fine Adam. You have really given that hat what it needs. The whole outfit is spot on.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billyspew

One Too Many
Hereward said:
I have also posted this hat in Johnnyphi Hat Owners.

I have no idea how old it is but, in any case, it was clearly unworn before me and a lovely fit. Turning up the sweatband I found a label stating 'Char-Brown Groton'. The bash is mine.

Very nice sir, looks great on you!

Pre-'54, due to not having the miller bros designation (From what I can see on the sweatband shot. Also later than '51.

peach

New in Town
Adam

Wow what nice additions to the Adam gallery. Bueller that Pacesetter to me is the quintessential mens hat , great find.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I can finally be a member of the ADAM ALLEY. Its my first ADAM. This is the second hat that I received from ebay this week. Its my "new to me" 1950's Adam Fedora. The telescope diamond crown is from the factory and its my first back bow fedora.

Heres some pics:
DSC03397.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

DSC03400.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

DSC03402.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03406.jpg

I have a early 60s Adam Crosley PTV that is similar but it has a side bow. You can see it on page 4 of this thread. Does your Crosby PTF have a stitiched liner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld