Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Cartoons You Don't See Anymore

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thundarr the Barbarian. Post-apocalypse (another favorite genre of mine, but rather crowded now) cartoon created by Jack Kirby (Kamandi, Last Boy on Earth and many others).

"The year is 1994. A runaway comet hurtles between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Man's civilization is cast in ruins. But a new world rises from the old, a world of savagery, sorcery, and super-science. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for freedom. With his companions Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, he pits his strength, his courage, and his fabulous sun-sword against the forces of evil. He is Thundarr the Barbarian."

That's from memory and I have not seen the show since 1980 or so. I guess it impressed me. I'd probably hate it now.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Gee, how could I miss this one...

My favourites are pretty much all golden age characters (except the tasmanian devil and those ne'er do well Disney princesses from the 50's), but I'll always have a particularly soft spot for her...

textalesredhotwolf.jpg

*bangs head with a giant frying pan*

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
It was a time of desperate need for heroes - any kind of heroes.

twiceralph.gif

Ralph, the All-Purpose Animal . . .

. . . And his Flaky Friend, Mumford.
twicemum.gif

If you know who they are, you're a friend of mine. :)

Lee

Remember Rhoda's doorman? He voiced Ralph. Which other cartoon character did he voice? Hint: VERY famous cartoon.

Marcus

A-List Customer
Marvin the Martian for the WIN!!!!!!!!!

Looney-Marvin-the-martian.jpg

Let's face it...they just don't make cartoons like they used to................SENSELESS VIOLENCE!!!!!!!!!!! Marvin always upitomized this by wanting to destroy Earth if he didn't get what he wants!

Doran said:
Thundarr the Barbarian. Post-apocalypse (another favorite genre of mine, but rather crowded now) cartoon created by Jack Kirby (Kamandi, Last Boy on Earth and many others).

"The year is 1994. A runaway comet hurtles between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Man's civilization is cast in ruins. But a new world rises from the old, a world of savagery, sorcery, and super-science. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for freedom. With his companions Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, he pits his strength, his courage, and his fabulous sun-sword against the forces of evil. He is Thundarr the Barbarian."

That's from memory and I have not seen the show since 1980 or so. I guess it impressed me. I'd probably hate it now.

Oh geez, you must have been watching the same stuff as me. I forgot about Thudar and especially Ariel. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Dr Doran

jamespowers said:
Oh geez, you must have been watching the same stuff as me. I forgot about Thudar and especially Ariel. ;) :p

Regards,

J

What about Ookla the Mok (a Chewbacca ripoff)?

Twitch

Daffy Duck- a crazy mofo at the edge of physical and mental control fringing on anarcy with no reverance for anything.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe