Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wise words to live by (jacket related)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Take charge- be adventurous and daring with your clothing choices! There’s no need to be boring, plenty of others dress like they can’t be bothered, desire to hide, or merely blend-in. Don’t be afraid to take a chance.
lots of style influencer dress to blend with the room decor, they pick all kind of muted color that would be totally invisible in peripheral vision among ikea furnitures and stucco walls, even their human silhouette is disguised like a mantle rack, coat hanger or a decorative pedestal, probably people they meet suddenly act surprised or widen their eyes and they think their reaction is a silent admiration of their style but they are just genuinely surprised there is suddenly a person near them.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Most of the main points have made, so I'll add this: don't feel like owning/wearing a leather jacket needs to change the way you wear the rest of your clothes.

Especially don't get a giant chain wallet, neck tattoos, stitchdown boots, etc to "match" your jacket. You'll simply look ridiculous.

The vintage photos you can find on some threads here make it clear that leather jackets are just leather jackets. People wore them as they would wear any other sports coat or outerwear.

N.b. when I mention not necessarily changing your clothes, I mean not to treat it as the first item in a new uniform, but if the sturdiness of a good leather jacket gets you interested in shifting your wardrobe to similarly long-lasting items, that's not a bad thing. Though know the difference between actually long-lasting and stuff that's just marketing for ruggedness. A suit in medium to heavy fabrics will likely last far longer (and be inheritable/alterable for your descendants) than many of the fancy leather jackets on the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YogurtProblems