Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I hate the 1970s so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
In 1979, I had a retchingly awful, disgusting haircut that looked like Davey Jones's (the middle guy in the photo):

monkeeshead3vm8.jpg

RedPop4

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Oh yeah,...I almost forgot about that one. :rolleyes: Believe it or not, I saw one of those just the other day,...driving down the road under it's own power! :eek: Probably one of the last of it's kind.
Hell, I HAD one. We had two in the family. My grandfather had a regular Pacer X, '77 with a v-6. My parents the next year got a Pacer Wagon, with the wood-grain contact paper at the bottom rocker panel. Both were purchased from the pastor of our parish. He couldn't get his golf clubs in the '77 so he got the '78. He got a new car the following year and sold my parents the "wagon"

That car had a 1972 Ford V-8, 304 in it. Talk about MOVE.

Lincsong said:
You're a moron. You know the darn yearbook pictures were all in black and white.:rage: Of course it was first period and the first day of school, which is always the day after Labor Day.:eusa_doh: YOU were the one hanging out the window yelling at your brother Silvino Rodriques.:D and then you pulled the chair from out under that numbskull Mike Santos and tried to blame Danny Pena.:eek:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marc Chevalier said:
And the thread is going around in circles ... we're grousing about stuff we groused about six pages ago.

Can you say :deadhorse ?

Who groused about the Beatles or the Monkees before? The Monkees were so campy and so far out there that it was/is hard to take them seriously. Even Mike Nesmith won't have anything to do with band get togethers and the like.
The Beatles well, they might have started out ok but their drug years on were just as campy as the Monkees. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Who groused about the Beatles or the Monkees before? The Monkees were so campy and so far out there that it was/is hard to take them seriously. Even Mike Nesmith won't have anything to do with band get togethers and the like.
The Beatles well, they might have started out ok but their drug years on were just as campy as the Monkees. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J
Hey,...I wanted to be a Monkee, or at least one of the Banana Splits.
But I was too young to grow the sideburns. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82