Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I hate the 1970s so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
jamespowers said:
What is Mug O' Lunch?! :p

"If you're hungry and you know it, MUG O' LUNCH!
If you're hungry and you know it, MUG O' LUNCH!
If you're hungry and you know it
Then the taste will surely slow it!
If you're hungry and you know it, MUG O' LUNCH!"

The beef flavor was the best -- like beef stroganoff only without actual beef, and served in a cup. Best cheap after-school meal ever.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Senator Jack said:
Really, in the end, I have to say I hated them, too. Doran, JamesPowers, and Lincsong had the hippies to deal with, and in Brooklyn I had the cugines. 'Cugine' is Italian for cousin and it denotes the young vacuous boys/men of fifteen to twenty-five who wore 90 mile an hour hair, gold chains, and wife-beaters. They listened to disco and drove around in daddy's Mercedes picking up cugettes in ankle-bracelets. What a horrible lot. My salvation was in bands like The Ramones and Elvis Costello and the Attractions. Aside from that, I don't look back fondly on those days, though I still am finding some good things about the European banker style.

Regards,

Senator Jack

bahahahahahahhahahaha You're killing me Jack.lol lol lol You mean they weren't driving around in the Black Pontiac (choose your model) or that ultimate of cool; Camaro?????:eek:

Parallel Guy

One of the Regulars
Thanks to Mr. Powers, et al, I started to think of what I really did learn from the 70s. A short list:

1) It's probably a good idea to spend at least one day a year thinking about the earth.

2) Even a President should really have to obey the law. Vice President, too.

3) Dancing funny doesn't hurt anybody.

4) It's ok to just have fun for awhile.

5) If a lake catches on fire, you might want to take that as a sign.

6) Discrimination, in general, is a bad thing; diversity, in general, is a good thing.

7) Not every rule needs to be followed.

8) Freedom of speech can be very entertaining.

9) Hippies are way cool.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Parallel Guy said:
Thanks to Mr. Powers, et al, I started to think of what I really did learn from the 70s. A short list:

1) It's probably a good idea to spend at least one day a year thinking about the earth.

6) Discrimination, in general, is a bad thing; diversity, in general, is a good thing.

9) Hippies are way cool.

Can number 7 be applied to numbers; 1,2,3,5,6,and 8?????[huh]

Parallel Guy said:

9) Hippies are way cool.

Geez, if you didn't learn all those things, except that last one, before the 70s, I don't know what to tell you. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Marc Chevalier said:
Don't be foolish, James -- sell it on eBay. lol

I would get greater satisafaction from the chipper. :p What's a game like that hunk of junk worth on eBay $5 plus shipping? :eusa_doh: Running the 70s through the chipper is worth much more to me. ;)
I did run across bunch of 70s ties extremely representative of the period. I am going to take pictures and put them in the Classified to see just how much the 70'sophiles here are willing to put their money where their mouth is. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82