Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favourite season?

What's your favourite season?

• Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer

• Autumn

• Winter

• Total voters

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Most people seem to have a definite leaning one way or the other to a favourite season.

I'm an autumn person myself, nice with the cooler weather, chillyish nights and the wind and the leaves everywhere.

S

Samsa

Spring. It always makes me think of this poem by William Carlos Williams:

The Locust Tree In Flower

Among
of
green

stiff
old
bright

broken
branch
come

white
sweet
May

again

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Autumn. Crisp cool/cold; dappled maples turn crimson, topaz elms shiver,
apple cider, FOOTBALL; Halloween---big hideously faced toothy jack o'lanterns
stuffed with Doric candles, carmel apples, and more FOOTBALL. :)

Edward

Bartender
I like changing seasons, ther'es no one favourite that I would pick and want it to be that forever, that would get tedious. My least favourite by far is the Summer - if I had my druthers, it would never get hotter than about 22 degrees C, and then only June, July and August. And it would rain much more than it tends to here. July was fantastic this year (coldest and wettest on record for England, I believe), but August has turned vile - hot, sunny. I'm not gonig outside if I can help it at the minute. Last weekend hit thirty her in London and it killed me. I'm always tempted to go nocturnal in the Summer in order to avoid the sun. I think i have reverse SAD.

Flieger

Practically Family
I'm a 100% autumn guy but I agree with Edward about needing the changing seasons as well. I think 70% autumn would be perfect, the remaining 30% divided on the other seasons. :)

I was born in september, maybe that has something to do with it? [huh]

Flieger

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I think I used to get SAD when I was young. Winter was such a killer and I come from a temperate climate, so it wasn't like I was snowed in or anything. It was just cold, grey and windy, seemingly for months and months and months.

I think here at least Christmas comes in the middle to break it up, so there is something to look forward to.

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
Love autumn/winter.

Hate Summer.
I feel lazy in summer, i feel dirty, i cant sleep at night, i cant go outdoors for playing, i dont like anyone to touch me.
The only good thing in summer is ice cream.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Summer, definately.

I feel the cold really easily, so I like it as hot as possible. I could happily hibernate through winter, it's cold, grey and miserable. So I'm always ill and depressed.

I'm loving the sunny weather that's finally arrived in the UK, we had far too much dismal weather recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe