Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favourite season?

What's your favourite season?

• Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer

• Autumn

• Winter

• Total voters

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
scotrace said:
Gramma used to say "You can always put more clothes on, but there's just so much you can take off."

Everyone tells me that when it's cold, but I feel so stifled in layer after layer of clothes.

The only material I like when it's cold is (fake) fur, unfortunately British Winter isn't just cold, it's wet. And so I look like a drowned cat, and feel awful.

Also, cold weather + rain + glasses = me not being able to see a damn thing.

And short days, where I'm in work before the sun rises, and not out till it's set are depressing and dangerous for a female travelling alone.

I could go on for days on all the things I hate about winter. :(

Easy Money

New in Town
I knew these were my kind of people. The summer is killing me here. Autumn is the best time of the year. Can't wait till the temp drops into the 40's & 50's.It just never seems to last long enough. Color on the trees and the air has a special scent that is only there in the fall.

TheKitschGoth said:
Everyone tells me that when it's cold, but I feel so stifled in layer after layer of clothes.

The only material I like when it's cold is (fake) fur, unfortunately British Winter isn't just cold, it's wet. And so I look like a drowned cat, and feel awful.

Also, cold weather + rain + glasses = me not being able to see a damn thing.

And short days, where I'm in work before the sun rises, and not out till it's set are depressing and dangerous for a female travelling alone.

I could go on for days on all the things I hate about winter. :(

You could go on for days. I could go on for months. ;)
I don't like looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man either in winter either. Snow and cold are two of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to me. :p

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I love the spring here--all three weeks of it. Everything is so green and beautiful.

I don't understand when someone on the TV or radio says, "It's a gorgeous day!" when it's 102 and there's no shade. It's beautiful weather if you're a scorpion.

Naw, the Horsemen were a few of my college classmates and I. (Pestilence was the "expendable"/pointman/heavy lifter, War the driver, Famine the tech-geek, and me finance/communications/logistics.lol)

Seriously, winter and a hot+humid summer are always problems with me. I can work around both, but put me down for, in this order:
1. Summer with dry heat (Inland southwestern US desert-type heat)
2. Spring/fall equally.

Diamondback said:
Naw, the Horsemen were a few of my college classmates and I. (Pestilence was the "expendable"/pointman/heavy lifter, War the driver, Famine the tech-geek, and me finance/communications/logistics.lol)

Seriously, winter and a hot+humid summer are always problems with me. I can work around both, but put me down for, in this order:
1. Summer with dry heat (Inland southwestern US desert-type heat)
2. Spring/fall equally.

So you were Conquest then?

Regards,

The Scorpion
(MMMMMMM Heat MMMMM)

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
I love the summer. I associate this season with so many great times I had growing up- no school, cookouts, staying up late, swimming, camping, more daylight, and awesome summer sunsets.

Most folk around here according to the poll, seem to like autumn. I despise that season, everything seems to be dying, and it means back to school for the kids and having to start the tedious chore of buying Christmas gifts. Bah humbug.

I just love 'A Long Hot Summer'

The Long Hot Summer seems to know everytime you're near.
And the sound of a breeze seems to stir all the trees
and a bird wants to please my ear.

The Long Hot Summer seems to know what a flirt you are.
Seems to know your caress isn't mine to possess.
How could someone possess a star?

Then you may long for me long before the Fall,
long before the winds announce that Winter's come to call.
And meanwhile I'll court you. And meanwhile I'll kiss you.
Meanwhile my lonely arms will hold you strong.
And meanwhile The Long Hot Summer slowly moves along.
Oh so slowly moves along.

(Those are the lyrics from the theme of a great summer flic that starred
Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman.) If you've never seen this 20th Century Fox gem, I suggest you give it a try before the summer's end!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I love spring! After a long gray, drizzly northwest winter, the sun is a welcome sight! I love the scent of the plants waking up and starting to bloom. The air smells so sweet. And the days getting longer is a huge bonus!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
I'm an autumn person myself, nice with the cooler weather, chillyish nights and the wind and the leaves everywhere.

Ditto. I love autumn ,may be it's because I was born in autumn. :D

When it's too hot I get depressed. [huh] :)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
Ditto. I love autumn ,may be it's because I was born in autumn. :D

When it's too hot I get depressed. [huh] :)

Hadley, what on earth are you doing in Oz then ;)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hate heat. I hate it passionately. I hate it as much as some people hate war. God, I hate it. It's warmer in Berkeley than San Francisco which had the best weather in the world: always pleasantly cool, seldom cold, and warm every once in a while.

I would like winter but the days are short. That's depressing.

Fall is good but you know the days will get short soon. That's also depressing.

Spring wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe