Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Both of these sound delicious! You guys are killin' me.

I usually cook up lentils and make a filling, but this was so easy. I simply mixed a can of chili with pre-cubed cheese (it's cheaper than the shredded cheeses because it's scraps from a dairy--cubing must be easier for them). I stuff the peppers and cook them in a crockpot on high for 4 hours. You have to generously grease the bottom with olive oil and make sure each pepper touches a side of the crock. I make 4 at a time in my 7-quart crock.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
My grandma's recipe!
Meatloaf with baked potato and cherries on the side. ( i know that sounds weird, but it's seriously good. Must be a Belgian thing?)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I think that is typically Belgian. That cuisine has been handed down from the Middle Ages from what I know, and it was common to serve meats and fruits together in that time period, even putting them in the same dish. I guess the American version is sweet ketchup on the meatloaf?

Last edited:
Hummus, a red, ripe serrano pepper from the garden chopped up in it, pita bread to shovel it in with, and a vodka/grapefruit cocktail to wash it down with.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Gourmet beanie weenies. I know, you're asking yourself: "But Bushman, how can the most low class food possibly be turned gourmet?" Well, when you chop up Bobak's Sausage (a famous Chicago sausage maker) into a dish of variety beans, add bacon, sweet peppers, and cover it with a layer of aged cheddar, that's how you make beanie weenies gourmet.

Gourmet beanie weenies. I know, you're asking yourself: "But Bushman, how can the most low class food possibly be turned gourmet?" Well, when you chop up Bobak's Sausage (a famous Chicago sausage maker) into a dish of variety beans, add bacon, sweet peppers, and cover it with a layer of aged cheddar, that's how you make beanie weenies gourmet.

And that's how you make me want some.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Made a pot of chili, tried serving it on a bed of iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing, topped with shredded Cheddar cheese and a glass of iced tea, delicious.

Beef and broccoli in a garlic/ginger/soy/sriracha sauce over rice.

The bratwurst, kraut, and taters sounds divine....but I already had stuff in the fridge to fix what I did. Maybe have to hit some sausages against the grill this weekend.

Last edited:
Grilled chicken thighs, cheesy grits and sautéed kale and spinach mix with garlic. Where is jamespowers to give me hell over the kale? :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82