Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm glad I don't have a grilled cheese/mac-n-cheese/nuggets only kid. It makes dinnertime so much more enjoyable to have her eat what we do, and be excited about it. :)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
When I was pregnant with her, I had gestational diabetes - diagnosed at 16 weeks (usually tested around 28 weeks, but a strong family history of it had my doctor do the testing early), and I worked with a nutritionist to control my bloodsugar level naturally so I wouldn't have to take insulin. I vividly remember eating cottage cheese with fresh pineapple on top as an indulgence, my GD version of dessert. Not eating actual sweets (no ice cream!!) made the pineapple taste so sweet. The cottage cheese provided the protein to counter the carbs of the pineapple so my levels wouldn't spike. I grew accustomed to the salty/sweet combo.

Oh, and I gained 5 pounds total during the pregnancy. Lily weighed almost 7 pounds. Yeah, that was a bit rough. Not my ideal diet plan, but a perfectly healthy baby unaffected by the GD was my reward. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Hubby would eat that in a heartbeat. He loves both.

I packed a small container of cottage cheese with some grape tomato chunks and a little smoked black pepper on top as part of his lunch today. (Yes, I pack his lunch every day. He's lucky that way.) I also gave him the last peanut butter chocolate chip cookie I made over the weekend. Lucky guy!

Panadora

Practically Family
Skipped lunch and grabbed a burger on my way home.
A perfekt day to have another go at one of my one apple Old English Apple Pies :hungry:

attachment.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter