Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Tonight at Crunk Manor was a bounty from the garden. The neighbor's garden, that is. One thing about the South, neighbors love to share their home-grown vegetables. Last night it was squash and zucchini, battered and fried in fresh bacon grease. Tonight was fried zucchini fritters, and tomorrow's plans are for fried green tomatoes. That's a lot of fried food, but it hasn't cost us a cent.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
We had a simple meal for dinner this evening....ham steak, scallop potato, three bean salad....

Sounds simple but delicious.

Every time I hear the words "three bean salad" it reminds me of an argument I once had with an employee at a Taco Bell drive-through. I was trying to order three bean burritos and he kept telling me they didn't make three-bean burritos.

Every time I hear the words "three bean salad" it reminds me of an argument I once had with an employee at a Taco Bell drive-through. I was trying to order three bean burritos and he kept telling me they didn't make three-bean burritos.

Sounds about right.

Happy birthday HD

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Sounds simple but delicious.

My husband convinced his aunt to order him a "bean burrito, hold the beans" at Taco Bell. She was so distracted by other things that she didn't understand what she'd said to the cashier until she got the response..... "huh?". 25 years later and they still laugh about it. My husband is a bit of a stinker. :)

lol..!!
Born July 1st 1947..and thank you GHT. :)
HD

Holy
old.gif

GHT

I'll Lock Up
lol..!!
Born July 1st 1947..and thank you GHT. :)
HD
Hey man, you're retired. I remember you saying so. I'm doing something wrong here.
Born March 1946, still working. You have a great birthday, and here's a tip. After you've served your sixty-seventh year, and the sixty-eighth, go round again, be 68 for a second time. I'm not sure what my Godson meant when he told me that I might find being sixty-nine too much of a mouthful, but it sure sounded serious.

Hey man, you're retired. I remember you saying so. I'm doing something wrong here.
Born March 1946, still working. You have a great birthday, and here's a tip. After you've served your sixty-seventh year, and the sixty-eighth, go round again, be 68 for a second time. I'm not sure what my Godson meant when he told me that I might find being sixty-nine too much of a mouthful, but it sure sounded serious.

I will be retired 15 years this October GHT. New lease on life for me to do my artwork hobby at my leisure. However if you are lucky enough to be working at something you find pleasure in...then why retire..!! Thank you for the tip. I am finding second childhood as quite enjoyable so I'll just have to see how 69 rolls off my tongue when I get there. ;)
HD

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I was thinking of making a hot roast beef sandwich with boiled potatoes and carrots but it's too hot to cook.

Maybe a tossed salad and cold roast beef if I have any horseradish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken